post #31 of 364 Old 11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12566 View Post

It is very easy. I too have an old Dell desktop tower holding all my MP3s and running AlbumPlayer. That is all you need..well that and internet access to get the album covers. Oh...you also need Rocket Fish 7.1 digital soundcard. Or any soundcard with digital output. The rocket fish works wonderfully and I have zero complaints, the sound is crisp and clean. You have total control over the sound too with the EQ, crystalizer, 3D sound features. All of which can be turned on or off depending on your sound preference. So when you first install it, it is kinda fun to play with the features to get the music to sound just how you like it. The other device you need is a touch screen. I got mine off Amazon.com 17" Synaps..for like 300 bucks. That is really the most expensive part of the jukebox. But sooo worth it...otherwise without the touchscreen, you might as well use Windows Media Player .

I think perhaps it might be time to do a blogpost on my jukebox. I will post the link here in a couple of days when I get a chance to write it up.

Thanks for the info I sent you a pm for further details. I am REALLY ignorant when it comes to this but REALLY want to make something like this for myself. So when you get a chance let me know via pm what you can.

Thanks

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 364 Old 11-30-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Chief of Department Finance recetly approved funds for the completion of the bar! Whoo Hooo! Hear that Hanes? I am kicking the Bar Build into high gear. Funds will be dispersed week of December 13th. Lots of work to be done:
  • Wood Floor
  • Move pellet stove over
  • stone on the walls
  • wrap around bench
  • install outswing patio doors

That is just a short list of stuff that needs to be done. On a concrete note, I had another concrete guy out and he told me that it would be a good idea to put a wood floor down. Whomever built my house did a crappy job on the concrete floor and the trowel marks might come through the acid stain. Ah, whatever...I wanted a wood floor anyway and that sounds like an acceptable excuse as any. So wood floor it is!

In the meantime check out my Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade pics over on my blog. I got very close with one Jessica Simpson.

THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE PICS

Going to be an exciting few months as work gets done around the joint. I want everything done in time for my big July 2nd Bash..all ya'all invited. Hanes...you have to bring pictures of progress

This is the word of O'Shea.....Thanks be to Beer.

CLICK HERE FOR BAR BUILD AND OTHER ASSORTED SHENANIGANS
post #33 of 364 Old 11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Chief of Department Finance recetly approved funds for the completion of the bar! Whoo Hooo! Hear that Hanes? I am kicking the Bar Build into high gear. Funds will be dispersed week of December 13th. Lots of work to be done:
  • Wood Floor
  • Move pellet stove over
  • stone on the walls
  • wrap around bench
  • install outswing patio doors

That is just a short list of stuff that needs to be done. On a concrete note, I had another concrete guy out and he told me that it would be a good idea to put a wood floor down. Whomever built my house did a crappy job on the concrete floor and the trowel marks might come through the acid stain. Ah, whatever...I wanted a wood floor anyway and that sounds like an acceptable excuse as any. So wood floor it is!

In the meantime check out my Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade pics over on my blog. I got very close with one Jessica Simpson.

THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE PICS

Going to be an exciting few months as work gets done around the joint. I want everything done in time for my big July 2nd Bash..all ya'all invited. Hanes...you have to bring pictures of progress

Awesome cant wait to see progress since I have NONE of my own I live to see progress of others As for the stone on the walls what are you using real or fake? I was thinking of using a faux stone around my screen and was curious what you are using?

post #34 of 364 Old 11-30-2010, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Hanes...you have to bring pictures of progress

Crap. That may be too steep an admission price for me to meet. Progress? What's that?

How about I bring pictures of skinny, malnourished imps instead? It might remind you of this Kelly Montegue girl in the parade. Being a Certified Old Fart, I' have no idea who she is, but watching part of that youtube video you linked I see she is someone who really REALLY needs to chow down on some meat and potatoes, before she fades away.

Seriously. What's up with that?

[ end of old fart ramble ]

Looking forward to seeing photos of your bar build progress. And maybe a couple more of Laurie driving the Big Mean Orange Machine!

The Un-Theater Un-Build

post #35 of 364 Old 12-01-2010, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Awesome cant wait to see progress since I have NONE of my own I live to see progress of others As for the stone on the walls what are you using real or fake? I was thinking of using a faux stone around my screen and was curious what you are using?

I am using the faux stone..or I think the political correct term is Cultured Stone...but all means the same: fake.

I am using an Owens-Corning cultered stone...they have a nice website..

OWENS CORNING CULTURED STONE

post #36 of 364 Old 12-01-2010, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post

Crap. That may be too steep an admission price for me to meet. Progress? What's that?

How about I bring pictures of skinny, malnourished imps instead? It might remind you of this Kelly Montegue girl in the parade. Being a Certified Old Fart, I' have no idea who she is, but watching part of that youtube video you linked I see she is someone who really REALLY needs to chow down on some meat and potatoes, before she fades away.

Seriously. What's up with that?

[ end of old fart ramble ]

Looking forward to seeing photos of your bar build progress. And maybe a couple more of Laurie driving the Big Mean Orange Machine!

Any pictures you bring Mr. Hanes will be in a word: Awesome. I am shooting for July 2nd party complete with fireworks, jumphouses for the kids, catered..tents..the whole bit. Save the date.

Oh jeez did I just say:" save the date"? ugh. Sorry about that.

post #37 of 364 Old 12-13-2010, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok I can deal without you updating your thread and I can deal with you not getting back to me on my latest pm regarding album player but what I will NOT stand bye and deal with is you FAILING to tell ANY of us (unless I missed it somewhere) that YOU were seen in Manhattan with none other than JESSICA SIMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for posting it here but I am VERY impressed and thought the whole AVS world should know. Trust me it helps build street cred!!

post #38 of 364 Old 12-14-2010, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ok I can deal without you updating your thread and I can deal with you not getting back to me on my latest pm regarding album player but what I will NOT stand bye and deal with is you FAILING to tell ANY of us (unless I missed it somewhere) that YOU were seen in Manhattan with none other than JESSICA SIMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for posting it here but I am VERY impressed and thought the whole AVS world should know. Trust me it helps build street cred!!

You found me! And, yes you did miss it somewhere...post #32 to be exact, I labeled the link THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE PICS but no mention on the sultry blonde. I was also spotted with Dora the Explora I'll have you know

Anyway, I keep a blog with all my family's shenanigans. More bar build stuff there too.

Check it out http://www.oshea12566.wordpress.com

post #39 of 364 Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, I made some progress in Bar Build 2011. What did I accomplish? Well, I came up with the name "Bar Build 2011" and finished this sentence.

Funds have been recieved, contractors have been contacted, appointments have been set.

Up first for Bar Build 2011?

Up first is contacting the professionals to swing by measure and provide estimates.

Masonry guy came by Monday night and measured the wall behind the bar. for the cement board and cultured stone. He has not gotten back to me with a price.
Carpenter guy came buy Tuesday night to measure and give me a price on installing the outswing french doors. 3k is what it will be to cut into the foundation and put the door in. Good times.
The pellet stove guy is coming Wednesday night, on the 15th to see what it is going to take to move the stove over 5 feet to the right. Oh, and a price.
I am complicating things by making the stove a direct vent (no chimney). I want the stove to pull in air from the outside instead of pulling air from inside the room like it is now. That way tends to dry the room a bit too much for my liking.

That is it for now...nothing built, but the ball is in motion....Bar Build 2011 commencing.

post #40 of 364 Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 AM

Liked: 10
I was jsut wondering if you all are keeping your tvs in areas that dont see heat all the time...........Also did you ever start a blogspot on your jukebox????? Id love to see it
post #41 of 364 Old 12-19-2010, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Man,

It is really hard to tell who has a bigger smile Jessica or you. Hmmmm.......Pretty cool though to be a part of all of that time honored tradition. I have a lot of respect for our military, police officers, and first responders. I know that what you show us looks like all fun and games, but there is a more serious side to the job you do day in and day out. Thank you for what you do. Please, stay safe.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #42 of 364 Old 12-21-2010, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen View Post
I was jsut wondering if you all are keeping your tvs in areas that dont see heat all the time...........Also did you ever start a blogspot on your jukebox????? Id love to see it

Hey FootballDen, welcome to the show. I did not do a blog post about my jukbox as of yet, mainly because I am to damn lazy to take the computer apart and take pictures. I have recieved a few requests for a juke box blog post, so I think I will get up on that. Look for one after the weekend.

post #43 of 364 Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Man,

It is really hard to tell who has a bigger smile Jessica or you. Hmmmm.......Pretty cool though to be a part of all of that time honored tradition. I have a lot of respect for our military, police officers, and first responders. I know that what you show us looks like all fun and games, but there is a more serious side to the job you do day in and day out. Thank you for what you do. Please, stay safe.

Regards,

RTROSE
Jessica was just excited to be next to me. She has stated she has always wanted to come to the big city of New York and snap some pictures with a chubby cop. Her dream has now come true.

post #44 of 364 Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Not a whole lot of building going on, just alot of ordering and buying.

What did we buy?
  • Wood Floor
We went with Vintner's Reserve from Lumber Liquidators. It is tough enough for a bar, has the "old time worn" look, and has a pad on the bottom making it perfect for installing on a concrete floor.
  • Speaker Selector

We decided on the Niles Audio Speaker Selector. Currently, my reciever is driving 4 pairs of speakers. The mains are kinda big and the smaller ceiling and outdoor speakers have trouble keeping up and sometimes vibrate. This way, this reciever is tricked into thinking it is driving only one pair. Plus, I can control the volume of each pair seperately to make everything sound much smoother and much more betterer.
  • Keyboard in a Drawer

The keyboard in a drawer is for the Juke Box. I chose a keyboard that can be "rack mounted" from the front. That way, I can build it into the wall and have a nice clean look. Right now, I have a crappy old saw dust covered keyboard on a makeshift shelf. I put it there because when first getting the jukebox going I was adding song titles, tags, and needed the keyboard all the time. Now, I hardly use the keyboard so tucked in a drawer it goes for the few times I will be using it.
  • Tile
We ordered tile last night from the tile store. That was a stupid sentence, and I apologize for that. What else would you order from the tile store? Pressing on...For what you ask? Well, I shall tell you. I am moving my Pellet stove over to the right 4 feet and do not want to use the pre- made tile pad it is currently sitting on. I want the platform tile for the stove and the wood floor to be flush. Even steven. On an even keel. On equal footing. On equal ground. You get it, I will shut up now.

What else? There is something...OH!

Have an appointment for Contractor#2 for Operation French Door install. Contractor #1 wanted to charge me 2500. A few people in the know told me that is a good price considering he has to cut into the foundation of the house, re-do the trim, some electrical work, blah blah blah. I just want to get a second price. I have warm and fuzzy feelings about contractor #2 as he will be the one doing the work himself, and he installed our French Door upstairs. Contractor #1 was going to have "his guy" do it. Me no like that.

Ok guys, thanks for reading. Sorry no pics, but as stuff comes in from Amazon, I will take pics and especially remember to take "Before" pics. I am hoping the tile will be coming in tomorrow so I can tackle that this weekend.

post #45 of 364 Old 01-07-2011, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

We are holding out for the "progress" photos. You KNOW how we like photos. Oh, and if you have any more celebrity shots feel free to share those as well.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
post #46 of 364 Old 01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Just joined this thread. If old friends "Hanes and Rose" are connected then I know this is good stuff. SHOW US THE PHOTOS

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #47 of 364 Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

We are holding out for the "progress" photos. You KNOW how we like photos. Oh, and if you have any more celebrity shots feel free to share those as well.

Regards,

RTROSE

Just remember Brian failed to share his celebrity photos with you, that was ME that dug those up from his blog to share with the AVS community! And to think he was to shy to share those with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Just joined this thread. If old friends "Hanes and Rose" are connected then I know this is good stuff. SHOW US THE PHOTOS

So what am I chopped liver????

post #48 of 364 Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Like they ^^ said PICTURES already!! You know without proper documentation (ie. pictures) then it NEVER happened!!!

post #49 of 364 Old 01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

Just remember Brian failed to share his celebrity photos with you, that was ME that dug those up from his blog to share with the AVS community! And to think he was to shy to share those with us!!

So what am I chopped liver????

You are a young friend - I would much rather be young than old

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #50 of 364 Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

You are a young friend - I would much rather be young than old

Though I am quite glad you view me as a "young" friend others might disagree. And I really dont feel too young

post #51 of 364 Old 01-08-2011, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Funny, whenever I am working on the bar, I feel like all you guys are in the room with me..pointing and laughing and perfoming general mockery. Get out of my head!!

Ok, so the keyboard came in mail as well as the speaker selector. I threw my coat off and immediately got to work. Then I saw all you guys hanging out in the corner of the room quietly reminding me to take Before pics. Thanks imaginary Peanut Gallery! You guys rock.

First, the keyboard. Here is the before pic:

As you can see, the make-shift keyboard I slapped up there looks like, well...a makeshift keyboard someone slapped up there. It was put there for the jukebox because when I first transferred everything over, I was using the keyboard alot. Now that the keyboard has been downgraded to occasional use, here is what the new keyboard drawer looks open:

And here is what it looks like closed:

A little nicer, neater look. The keyboard will hardly get used...but will be nice to just be able to pull the drawer out and type in a search for that funny You Tube video we all want to check out while drinking. Or search for porn, ya know whatever.

So, the keyboard is in place, now onto the speaker selector.

What a difference this thingy makes. If anyone here knows why the speaker selctor makes everything sound so much cleaner, please let me know. Right now I am convinced it is little speaker gnomes with magical powers. Then again that could be the beer talking.

In the pic above, the speaker selector is above the xbox. I am waiting for the custom shelf from the same company that makes that custom self for the xbox. Luckily, when I called them and gave them the make and model, I found out they also makes one for the speaker selector! Sweeet...it will be a nice clean uniform look. But for now, it looks like a hole in the wall. Oh well.

Here is what it looks like from inside the media closet.

The wires all the way on the left are the wires from the amplifier. Just one Left and one Right. The unit takes that power and distrubutes evenly to six pairs. You can see my speakers coming from the wall (Gold bannana clips) to the unit.

The speaker selector came with pre-printed labels, and I was happy "BAR", "DECK" and "GARAGE" were among them.

I was looking over the pre printed labels sheet and saw this littly diddy:

Yup, in case you want your Dungeon to have smooth sounds of the 70s. I love this company. Any company that thought about including Dungeon as a label is a company I want to work for.

What else..?

OH!

The tile!

Before Pic..while I was laying the tile out:

Why am I putting tile down? Well, you can see the pellet stove a burnin' in the picture above. Well, that pellet stove is moving 4 feet to the right onto the black granite tiles. I am making room for the booth and wrap around bench that is going to be built there.

and a few hours later:

Thanks everyone for reading!

post #52 of 364 Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Tile looks sweet. Very nice. As for the speaker selector, one would have thunk that if they included Dungeon, they would have "Mancave" as a label as well.

Thanks for the progress pictures, now we "really" believe you that things are getting done. As for our voices in your head, well we have our ways, we have our ways. They do offer therapy, and a medication regimen to get rid of the voices, but what's the fun in that?

Regards,

RTROSE

post #53 of 364 Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Tile looks sweet. Very nice. As for the speaker selector, one would have thunk that if they included Dungeon, they would have "Mancave" as a label as well.

Thanks for the progress pictures, now we "really" believe you that things are getting done. As for our voices in your head, well we have our ways, we have our ways. They do offer therapy, and a medication regimen to get rid of the voices, but what's the fun in that?

Regards,

RTROSE

Yeah I think I will keep the voices. You imaginary people are fun to talk to.

post #54 of 364 Old 01-09-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Funny, whenever I am working on the bar, I feel like all you guys are in the room with me..pointing and laughing and perfoming general mockery. Get out of my head!!

Quote:

Yeah I think I will keep the voices. You imaginary people are fun to talk to.

BTW, my voices wanted me to relay to you to pass on to your voices a reminder of the First Law of Bar Building - namely, that you must make sure you offset each hour worked in the bar with a minimum of 3 hours playing/drinking in the bar. Otherwise the karma in the universe will be disturbed and leak out the bottom while no one is looking.

Or something.

Keep 'er going, Brian!

The Un-Theater Un-Build

post #55 of 364 Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Original Posted By Hanes: BTW, my voices wanted me to relay to you to pass on to your voices a reminder of the First Law of Bar Building - namely, that you must make sure you offset each hour worked in the bar with a minimum of 3 hours playing/drinking in the bar. Otherwise the karma in the universe will be disturbed and leak out the bottom while no one is looking.

Or something.

Keep 'er going, Brian!

Right on Hanes! And I take your advice:

So of course, after I completed a little progress, I have to celebrate. I sent a text out to all my neighbors and held a "Mountain Meeting". What the hell is a mountain meeting you ask? I get along with all of my neighbors on the mountain we live on. Occasionally, I will send a text out to all of them that reads:" Mountain Meeting tonight!' We talk about pressing issues and the pressures of living on the mountain.

Want to see more pics of the Mountain Meeting? CLICK HERE.

post #56 of 364 Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Have you recovered from the Mountain Meeting? Looks like a good time was had by all.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #57 of 364 Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM

I am not really sure why but I cant look away, isnt that what they say about train wrecks (so slow and horrendous but yet so spestacular at the same time!)

Just kidding Brian, this thread is just what I needed to get back my modivation to do something, anything to my bar that is productive, not just drink in it!

Keep up the good work and remember, dont always listen to those voices in your head.

Beach

I had a thought once... but it got lonely and went away.

The Beach House Bar Build
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1240927
post #58 of 364 Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM

I love following this thread... so much so that when nothing new happens you have me hooked on the blog now. I can only hope once my bar gets up and going that I can have as many happy and thirsty friends as you do. Looks like some great parties.
post #59 of 364 Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Have you recovered from the Mountain Meeting? Looks like a good time was had by all.

Regards,

RTROSE

Yes, I am very recovered. So much so, that I have progress to report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach31684 View Post

I am not really sure why but I cant look away, isnt that what they say about train wrecks (so slow and horrendous but yet so spestacular at the same time!)

Just kidding Brian, this thread is just what I needed to get back my modivation to do something, anything to my bar that is productive, not just drink in it!

Keep up the good work and remember, dont always listen to those voices in your head.

Beach

Thanks Beach! That is an interesting picture, isn't it? My favorite is my neighbor's son with his little white tank-top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan62 View Post

I love following this thread... so much so that when nothing new happens you have me hooked on the blog now. I can only hope once my bar gets up and going that I can have as many happy and thirsty friends as you do. Looks like some great parties.

Thank you Huskerfan! And do not worry...if you tap it....they will come.

Stay tuned for the progress pics! I will post them soon!

post #60 of 364 Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Awesome bar....even better are the pictures of everyone hanging out having a great time!

I'm going to be banned from the AVS forums shortly...by my wife. I originally visited the forums to build a home theater PC. That snowballed into a dedicated home theater that is currently under construction. The drywall was just finished and it is on to the trim work.

After looking at some of these awesome bars....it is game on! My wife looked the other way when I built the HTPC, purchased the projector, speakers and even the movie screen. We talked about seating for 8 in the home theater last night...and still, she was still on board.

I'm not sure the bar, jukebox, keg, mame cabinet and other bar "necessities" will come as easy...but I can't resist, I love the pictures everyone has posted.

I really hope she doesn't add up what I have spent to date...heck, I don't want to know myself! However, you only live once...we have the money...might as well enjoy life! :-)
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page