TV Mounting Measurements - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-16-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My builder is going to help me install my TV wall mounts in 2 days, however I do not have my TVs yet (waiting to be shipped from store). I could pick the TVs up myself but rather not deal with it.
I was curious if TV wall mounting is fairly standard when it came to measuring. For example, will the center of the wall mount bracket be in line with the center of the back of the TV? I'm hoping that as long as I have my TV measurements we can still mount the bracket and know exactly where the TV will be positioned on the wall.

In other words, if I measured from the very center of the wall mount back bracket down half the height of what the TV would be, would this give me an accurate measurement of where the bottom of my TV would be once mounted?

The TV is being mounted over a mantle in one room, so I want to make sure I have the right distance from the mantle to the bottom of the TV.

I hope this makes sense. For the record, I purchased my mounts from Monoprice. These to be exact:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Halfway down should work. The arms that attached to the tv are punched with many holes so adjusting the tv up or down shouldnt be a problem.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
It should be close, but not exact. The VESA mounting points are centered on the center of gravity which may or may not be the center of the unit.

Several I have seen are also set so the TV sits a bit lower than you think. Can you get over to BB and measure?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another thing I did was download the PDF Manual from the manufactureres website. They shoild have a picture of the mounting holes. See if they are set high / middle / low on the set. My Samsung 650 holes were a little above center.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page