Billybar's Basement Theater etc.. Build - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #271 of 277 Old Today, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I love the outdoor movie! I really want to do that. I may just have to do that before the summer is over. did you just hang a sheet on your garage door? I don't have the funds to buy an outdoor screen and have been thinking about doing some sort of DYI screen. but I could just do something in the drive way and try the sheet method on the door maybe? Where did you have your projector setup? I had even though maybe of hanging sheet with the door open and trying to setup the PJ behind the screen. That way it's not out in the area where kids could potentially get knocked over or spilt on by a drunk!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 277 Old Today, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yup! it's just a cheap thin sheet. I bought it at Walmart, they sell it large enough to cover the entire garage with one sheet. I believe it was called "bleached muslin fabric". It was about $30. I think I got 8 or 9 yards to span the width of the garage opening and it was 10' wide which was enough to get from the top of the garage to the bottom. I had the projector and sound system set up in the garage so it worked like a rear projection and it was protected from the kids and drunks
post #273 of 277 Old Today, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

OK I can see that now. You did do the rear projection thing like I was thinking. I may have to give this a go! Thanks for the info on the sheet. I need to go find a deceint but in expensive sound setup. I was thinking like a PC speaker setup with sub. I'll be running movies digitally off of a mini PC or a laptop. I guess I'll have to figure out how to run the sound. What did you go with?

Or I suppose I could find a cheap home theater in a box setup? that would probably be more then a PC speaker setup.

Last edited by gec5741; Today at 12:53 PM.
post #274 of 277 Old Today, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

I used a laptop and old stereo system. The speakers actually sounded decent and being in the garage amplified it nicely.

This is the setup. Nice and simple and easy to setup/take down.
post #275 of 277 Old Today, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Very nice I like it! I may go look at some pc setups cuz they are cheap and I don't have any old stereo stuff laying around unfortunately. Wish I had the money to get a new theater in a box for my living room and just use my old stuff I have now for the outdoor theater. Found this for 65 bucks at best buy. Maybe OK? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...&skuId=1215025

Or just look for a better 2.1 setup with better fronts maybe. Welp you've given me much to think about. Thanks! Looking forward to an outdoor movie again.
post #276 of 277 Old Today, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
Very nice I like it! I may go look at some pc setups cuz they are cheap and I don't have any old stereo stuff laying around unfortunately. Wish I had the money to get a new theater in a box for my living room and just use my old stuff I have now for the outdoor theater. Found this for 65 bucks at best buy. Maybe OK? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...&skuId=1215025

Or just look for a better 2.1 setup with better fronts maybe. Welp you've given me much to think about. Thanks! Looking forward to an outdoor movie again.
Excellent...that's better than the sound system I use for sure and the price is right. Hope you get your movie in soon. Let me know how it goes and what everyone thinks. I am hoping for at least one more before the end of the summer.
post #277 of 277 Old Today, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

I will hit you up when I do! I'd like to get a movie in or two before end of summer then maybe a Monday night football night or two before it get's to cold here in Chicago!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Basement Bar