Source for Casco Silent Flex Ducts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I am considering using the Casco Silent Flex II ducts for all runs that enter/exit my theater area. I called them today to find a distributor, but they told me that there aren't any in my area. I asked about buying direct, but they said they can't sell to a homeowner. Does anyone have a source for these ducts?

Also, Do I need to replace all of the ducts that are in the ceiling of the theater, or only the ducts that are open into the theater directly? My plan is to tape all of the seams of the rigid ducts with metallic tape, use dynamat to quiet "popping" noises and rattles and use Silent Flex to replace ducts that are open into the room. Is this the best way to stop sounds entering/exiting the theater from the ducts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 617
There are a few other companies that make a spun nylon inner liner flex duct with sound attenuation properties. FlexmasterUSA.com lists product 6B as one.

PROJECTS:

post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2011, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I was able to source the Casco Silent Flex II ducts for about the same price as the Home Depot non acoustical flex ducts (including shipping). This is for the 6" size. I saw that some people suggest stepping up to an 8" duct to reduce the sound of the air entering the theater. Does it make that much of a difference? Are there any other advantages to stepping up to the 8" duct? The price difference is about $7 per 25' duct, plus some additional shipping costs.

The advantage of the 6" for me (besides cost) is that I can curve them back and forth within the joist to help reduce the sound further. I'm trying to decide which duct will give me the bigger advantage (if any). Right now I am leaning towards the 6".

post #4 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM

Liked: 10
I know this is an old post, but where did you end up getting your Silent Flex ducting from?

I'm up in Canada and looking for a retailer but cant seem to find any. I do have a mailbox just across the border, so I may be able to have it shipped there and go pick it up.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page