Help!!!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony BDV-IS1000 home theatre in a box setup with an xbox 360. Whenever I decide to play xbox though what happens is that the audio is set up around linear pcm and neo 6 cinema and not dolby digital. Why is that? How do I get it so that it it always recognizes the xbox 360's dolby digital setting and not use its own? If anyone can help that would be great! If not thanks for stopping by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM

Liked: 11
You might get a better response in one of the other sections but I can take a stab at helping you. I notice with my 360 that on rare occasion the Dolby isn't recognized at startup. I have to manually go into the 360 menus and set the output to stereo, or whatever the non-dolby option is, then set it back to Dolby. Only happens rarely and hasn't happened in a while, but might be something to try. Other than that I guess the receiver should be somehow set to auto-detect the audio type.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the quick reply! I actually found a quick fix for it and I hope it continues to work for me. When I go to the main menu of the sony reciever itself before doing anything else it fixes the problem. I don't understand it but if I do this and then pick the input that's associated with the Xbox 360 it always comes in as dolby digital. It works now. For now at least.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page