Merry Christmas to me! 777ES for $799! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-21-2000, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought myself a Christmas present, and I'm so tickled that I had to tell somebody.

Classic champagne taste/beer budget scenario; I've been lusting after the Sony DA777ES receiver for many a moon now, but was totally unwilling to ante up the $1500 to get in to play. My hopes were buoyed when the V555ES came out, and the 777ES was discontinued. Searched in earnest for a clean, new example at a price that I could choke down.

Just as I was beginning to feel that all was lost, I found the last one in SoundTrack's (big B&M chain in the Denver area) inventory, an open box unit, with remote and documentation. They quoted $898 over the phone. When I went down to look at it, the sales guy pulled the inventory list up, and told me he would sell it to me for $799! I thought about it for about 10 milliseconds, then asked him to get it out, plug it in, and show me that it made music. After the acid test, I took it! Even got in on their one year, same as cash deal!

Good thing I'm taking next week off. It will take that long to get the new unit installed into my system, and to dial in the 1.3 million tweaks that are available.

Sorry, just had to gloat!

JohnW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-21-2000, 08:00 AM

Congratulations John... just goes to show you persistance works...Enjoy the unit and have a great holiday season!

Miles
post #3 of 4 Old 12-21-2000, 10:56 PM

Congrats, John. Awesome pickup! Hope that you didn't break your back carrying that 60 pound box home? My arms were sore for a couple of days after carrying the 777ES up three floors.

Dave
post #4 of 4 Old 12-21-2000, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

There is nothing more satisfying than getting a much desired audio/video component at an excellent price http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif I wish it happened to me more often...
Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page