bar table behind theater seats - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 122 Old 03-10-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,649
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Thought I would post some pictures of my completed table. Final cost was just under $225, $300 if you count the chairs.

deewan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 122 Old 06-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Cinema Bar

I am developing a new product that will be HT Design product that is a Cinema Bar designed to go behind theater seats. It will be a product we will stock probably on one size at first 101 wide by 42.8 high by 18 inches deep. I am contemplating color of the bar but I am leaning towards an ebony finish that works well in a dedicated room. Pricing is TBD but I am shooting for a retail price of around 1700 for bar only and we will have matching bar stools that go with it. I am unsure of pricing on those. It will fit around 5 bar stools behind it and it will have a pop up power device with usb and ac outlets. It will be made of Brazilian cherry hardwood.

I have attached a couple photos of prototype I am building.

I am looking for feedback. I am not taking orders yet but after I get my sample which will be in July I will order a container of these to come in for a Fall delivery time period.
So I am shooting to take orders sometime in August.

any comments would help ? is color right? any other colors of interest? as you guys seems to have built your own bars.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1032.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	750097   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1031.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	750105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	750113   Click image for larger version

Name:	dimensions.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	750121  

Last edited by HTmarket; 06-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.
HTmarket is offline  
post #93 of 122 Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Romans828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naboo
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I am developing a new product that will be HT Design product that is a Cinema Bar designed to go behind theater seats. It will be a product we will stock probably on one size at first 101 wide by 42.8 high. I am contemplating color of the bar but I am leaning towards an ebony finish that works well in a dedicated room. Pricing is TBD but I am shooting for a retail price of around 1700 for bar only and we will have matching bar stools that go with it. I am unsure of pricing on those. It will fit around 5 bar stools behind it and it will have a pop up power device with usb and ac outlets. It will be made of Brazilian cherry hardwood.

I have attached a couple photos of prototype I am building.

I am looking for feedback. I am not taking orders yet but after I get my sample which will be in July I will order a container of these to come in for a Fall delivery time period.
So I am shooting to take orders sometime in August.

any comments would help ? is color right? any other colors of interest? as you guys seems to have built your own bars.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I like it. I'm trying to decide if I want to attempt to fit a far into my future theater. Black is always good for home theater stuff. How wide is the top of the bar??...looks to be around a foot...

Last edited by Romans828; 06-01-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Romans828 is offline  
post #94 of 122 Old 06-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Sorry forgot to put that on there it's 18 inches deep. What price range are you in?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #95 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
MuaySteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Subscribed. As soon as my kids are a bit bigger I want to build one of these for behind the couch. Some great stuff here.
MuaySteve is online now  
post #96 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,649
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I am looking for feedback. I am not taking orders yet but after I get my sample which will be in July I will order a container of these to come in for a Fall delivery time period.
So I am shooting to take orders sometime in August.

any comments would help ? is color right? any other colors of interest? as you guys seems to have built your own bars.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I know furniture can be pricey, but for that price I certainly hope free shipping is included and maybe a few chairs. It's a nice simply design with good lines, but there lies the problem. There is nothing unique about it that screams a $1700 price tag, at least not in my mind. Will the future product have the power cord for the pop-up power device? The cord hanging down seems tacky. One other idea, perhaps add a light kit option with LED that glow on the underside of the table.
rgswff3 likes this.
deewan is offline  
post #97 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Newbie
 
Deltaphi216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I am developing a new product that will be HT Design product that is a Cinema Bar designed to go behind theater seats. It will be a product we will stock probably on one size at first 101 wide by 42.8 high by 18 inches deep. I am contemplating color of the bar but I am leaning towards an ebony finish that works well in a dedicated room. Pricing is TBD but I am shooting for a retail price of around 1700 for bar only and we will have matching bar stools that go with it. I am unsure of pricing on those. It will fit around 5 bar stools behind it and it will have a pop up power device with usb and ac outlets. It will be made of Brazilian cherry hardwood.

I have attached a couple photos of prototype I am building.

I am looking for feedback. I am not taking orders yet but after I get my sample which will be in July I will order a container of these to come in for a Fall delivery time period.
So I am shooting to take orders sometime in August.

any comments would help ? is color right? any other colors of interest? as you guys seems to have built your own bars.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Nice! Where did you source your popup powerport? I am looking for a few for a computer desk I'm building. My bar table has been pushed to the backburner for a while until the bar is completed. Then the desk... then the bar table. On a better note, my bar is almost done!





and the table will go behind the sectional that you can just barely see here.
Deltaphi216 is offline  
post #98 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Member
 
rgswff3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
Sorry forgot to put that on there it's 18 inches deep. What price range are you in?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I'd be interested but for something more in the 1k range. I contacted a couple of carpenters in my area to build me a table based on a design I put together and they have all come in around the 1k range. The design I put together has a little more flair I would say than the table you showed. I like the table you showed but would be looking for something a little more than the plain design.
rgswff3 is offline  
post #99 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
I know furniture can be pricey, but for that price I certainly hope free shipping is included and maybe a few chairs. It's a nice simply design with good lines, but there lies the problem. There is nothing unique about it that screams a $1700 price tag, at least not in my mind. Will the future product have the power cord for the pop-up power device? The cord hanging down seems tacky. One other idea, perhaps add a light kit option with LED that glow on the underside of the table.
As I said this is a first draft of a prototype. So I am getting feedback for changes, we will have cord mgmt.

What would be unique that would make it more valuable?

Price tag is still up in air, I just threw out a price based on prelim cost, but we can get it in the 1500 range possibly It could come in less than this depending what we do with the how much hardwood we use, right now it's all Brazillian cherry hardwood, high quality. It's also very big, 103 inches long so it could be shortened, it would fit 5 stools though at 103. I have seen some built here but they appear smaller. Plus some I see are using plywood and 2 by 4's so it's a bit different. Some have real nice tops etc

Led kit could be something we consider as an add on or inclusion.

So I am using the forum to test the idea and tweek it.

Thanks
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #100 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaphi216 View Post
Nice! Where did you source your popup powerport? I am looking for a few for a computer desk I'm building. My bar table has been pushed to the backburner for a while until the bar is completed. Then the desk... then the bar table. On a better note, my bar is almost done!





and the table will go behind the sectional that you can just barely see here.
I can get the power port, just email our site and quote you a price on it, it's a mfg we use for some other things we do, it could take a couple weeks to get though.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #101 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgswff3 View Post
I'd be interested but for something more in the 1k range. I contacted a couple of carpenters in my area to build me a table based on a design I put together and they have all come in around the 1k range. The design I put together has a little more flair I would say than the table you showed. I like the table you showed but would be looking for something a little more than the plain design.
What kind of flair did you put into yours? I am interested in ideas, I like simple designs as it can appeal to more people as we will stock it but there might be some ideas that may work to bring more flair to the design, any ideas would be great?

what are the dimensions you are doing for the 1k? as size can be the factor in the price. what materials?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #102 of 122 Old 06-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Member
 
rgswff3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
What kind of flair did you put into yours? I am interested in ideas, I like simple designs as it can appeal to more people as we will stock it but there might be some ideas that may work to bring more flair to the design, any ideas would be great?

what are the dimensions you are doing for the 1k? as size can be the factor in the price. what materials?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Good point on the size. The dimensions I got quotes on were 84"x18"x42" so a little shorter than what you are proposing. I'm planning to put the table behind a row of 3 chairs so something much longer wouldn't really fit my space. Maybe have two sizes available as I'm not sure everyone could fit one 100" long or longer? For materials, I did maple for the top and birch plywood for the sides.

The design is a bit of a combination of several I saw posted in this thread and some others.

I can't seem to find the threads but below is a picture of one that is similar. I did basically the same thing for the sides and bottom with panels so I could match the panels with the same color as my walls, a dark grey, with the rails in between painted black to match the ceiling and screen wall. I did a different top but can't seem to find a pic of it right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	752665  

Last edited by rgswff3; 06-02-2015 at 06:55 PM.
rgswff3 is offline  
post #103 of 122 Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's actually 101 I may have said 103 but still wide, this is the exact width of our southampton row of 3 seats which is our best seller, so I model the size after that, then it could easily work for a row of 4. Good point I could do a 90 inch size for the space saver rooms. I think that's a good idea, the 90 inch might come in much less, I am doing the bar height so it can be used behind a platform and one row, so it's pretty tall.

I might do some optional design you could put on the sides to dress it up a bit more.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
HTmarket is offline  
post #104 of 122 Old 06-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Member
 
ChadS13TDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here is what we did. Used reclaimed wood for the bar top for something warmer and different, and also to save money over using granite.




seats by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr


26 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr


20 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My Rec/Theater Build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...ater-pics.html
ChadS13TDI is offline  
post #105 of 122 Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Member
 
CubFan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
My bar is 43 inches tall measured from the floor not the riser. My chair backs, tall Berkline 045s are never below the top of the bar even in a reclined position. So most of the front side of the bar is blocked by the seating.
Is that 43" from the top of the bar surface?

Trying to figure this out for a project I am framing now. I have a 2x8 riser in front of where I want to put it and I want to make sure that the people in the 3rd row bar can see over people sitting in berkline 12006's

----------------------------------------------------------
The Tiburan Lane Theater Thread
CubFan78 is offline  
post #106 of 122 Old 09-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Member
 
JeffreyTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Cleveland, OH
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After not being able to fit everyone in my old theater space, decided to go with a more open layout in the new house and include a counter behind the second row. The great ideas in this thread were just the motivation I needed to take on my first carpentry project of any size. Now I just need to decide on stools.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JeffreyTaylor is offline  
post #107 of 122 Old 09-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
jefftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 26
jefftr is offline  
post #108 of 122 Old 10-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Member
 
dreman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's Great!
Just curious as I am planning something similar. My riser will be 7" and the chairs are 42". Standard bar height is 42" did you go taller? Are your chairs shorter than that. I just want to make sure that the bar will work out as far as Height and comfort. Thanks for any help
dreman32 is online now  
post #109 of 122 Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Member
 
JeffreyTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Cleveland, OH
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You should be fine. If you look at the pictures that include my couch, you will see a small riser under it as well. The main raiser did not provide enough height for people on the couch to see over taller adults in the front row. The couch sits lower than most (had it in the front row of old room, but wanted the bar in back, so I had to move recliners to front row), so placing it on a 2" x 4" riser solved 2 problems: having the seating high enough to see the screen and making sure the step onto the riser was not too high.

The stool in the pictures is 30", the bar top is 42" and the top piece is 45" from the floor. I now have 3 standard 30" bar stools for the 8' wide bar top and the work perfect for height and width.
JeffreyTaylor is offline  
post #110 of 122 Old 10-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Senior Member
 
danielrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
It's actually 101 I may have said 103 but still wide, this is the exact width of our southampton row of 3 seats which is our best seller, so I model the size after that, then it could easily work for a row of 4. Good point I could do a 90 inch size for the space saver rooms. I think that's a good idea, the 90 inch might come in much less, I am doing the bar height so it can be used behind a platform and one row, so it's pretty tall.

I might do some optional design you could put on the sides to dress it up a bit more.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Your prototype is about the exact size I'm looking for. So tired of building, just want to buy my furniture . Got an ETA for your offering? You have the RowOne Cinebar on your website but it is very pricey. Price for that I've been watching go up and up and up over the last couple years.

Hardware and System engineer. Enjoy theaters, automation, media and the outdoors.
Love the hobby, but always have to remember to keep family first!
"The Escape Pod" - First Theater Build
danielrg is offline  
post #111 of 122 Old 10-15-2015, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
danielrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I was considering getting two of these and placing side by side. They are a little deeper than I want (27.5"), and I'd have to go with 2 or 4 seats - as side by side like that 3 seats wouldn't really work.

IKEA Stornas Table, Black

But - $600 and I'm set and I don't have to build anything. And I do have the depth in the room that this should be okay. And I like the black. Also, being deeper might mean that nobody kicks the head of the reclined person in the row in front of them

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stornas-bar-table-black__0190746_PE344266_S4.JPG
Views:	613
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	998705  

Hardware and System engineer. Enjoy theaters, automation, media and the outdoors.
Love the hobby, but always have to remember to keep family first!
"The Escape Pod" - First Theater Build
danielrg is offline  
post #112 of 122 Old 10-16-2015, 06:17 AM
Senior Member
 
HTmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielrg View Post
Your prototype is about the exact size I'm looking for. So tired of building, just want to buy my furniture . Got an ETA for your offering? You have the RowOne Cinebar on your website but it is very pricey. Price for that I've been watching go up and up and up over the last couple years.
sorry I put this project on hold, as it was coming in too expensive and shipping it out would of been real costly. the row one yes has gone up they make that with amish factory in states very pricey I think they keep raising prices, eventually I'll find a source but I have been focused more on theater seating brand we have HT design.

Regards
Alan
HTmarket.com
danielrg likes this.
HTmarket is offline  
post #113 of 122 Old 10-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Member
 
scraejtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thought I would post mine up since I didn't see one too similar in this thread.

I wanted to keep woodwork/construction to a minimum as the room was already finished and I would probably screw it up. I purchased some bar supports and a butcher block top along with some cheap bar stools.

All in it came out to $1000 for a 11' x 25" single piece bar with stools.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150719_205139.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1002697   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150719_205159.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1002705   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150719_205206.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1002713  
scraejtp is online now  
post #114 of 122 Old 10-20-2015, 07:17 AM
Member
 
LarryGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Off topic, but message to scraejtp: I was surprised by how similar our two media rooms are!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	1006273  
LarryGM is offline  
post #115 of 122 Old 10-21-2015, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Bill97Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraejtp View Post
Thought I would post mine up since I didn't see one too similar in this thread.

I wanted to keep woodwork/construction to a minimum as the room was already finished and I would probably screw it up. I purchased some bar supports and a butcher block top along with some cheap bar stools.

All in it came out to $1000 for a 11' x 25" single piece bar with stools.

Love this. Where do you buy the top? How is it anchored?
Bill97Z is offline  
post #116 of 122 Old 10-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Member
 
scraejtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z View Post
Love this. Where do you buy the top? How is it anchored?
Picked up the top at lumber liquidators. (12'x25"x1.5") Mine is walnut, but they have maple and cherry for less, as well as 8' lengths available.

The bolt down base can be bought at multiple places. (ie http://www.amazon.com/Oak-Street-Man.../dp/B00H1QFSLM )

I picked up chrome to match the stools, but you can get a black version for much less. The base has a plate similar to the top with 4 holes to bolt down. My media room is upstairs, so I bolted down with lag bolts into the crossbeam, but on a slab/basement you could easily use anchors.
scraejtp is online now  
post #117 of 122 Old 10-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Member
 
scraejtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGM View Post
Off topic, but message to scraejtp: I was surprised by how similar our two media rooms are!
Similar layout, looks like you have room for a rear bar.
scraejtp is online now  
post #118 of 122 Old 12-24-2015, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
wired1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 985
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 107
OK, so I see this thread has died, but I need help...

I am NOT handy. LOL. That said, the ROW ONE home theater bar seems like a perfect way for me to add 108' bar behind my row of 4 seats...

However, it is sold only by online etailers and I'm not comfy with the idea of dropping $2k+ on a "some assembly required" kit, delivered by a third party shipper, that needs to get to my basement somehow, and that I can't see the quality and color of before I buy... yeah.

Soooo... any ideas on stores in the Philadelphia area that rep this brand? Am I better off having someone just build it for me for $2-$3k?

Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

And sorry for the old thread bump...

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
wired1 is offline  
post #119 of 122 Old 12-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
BasementHT5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
OK, so I see this thread has died, but I need help...

I am NOT handy. LOL. That said, the ROW ONE home theater bar seems like a perfect way for me to add 108' bar behind my row of 4 seats...

However, it is sold only by online etailers and I'm not comfy with the idea of dropping $2k+ on a "some assembly required" kit, delivered by a third party shipper, that needs to get to my basement somehow, and that I can't see the quality and color of before I buy... yeah.

Soooo... any ideas on stores in the Philadelphia area that rep this brand? Am I better off having someone just build it for me for $2-$3k?

Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

And sorry for the old thread bump...
It may be cheaper to have a handyman or carpenter build something for you custom.

Gear: Visio 70" M701d-A3R LED TV | Denon x2100w AVR | Sony BDPS5100 (blu ray) | SONY PS3 | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk RC65i (L/R rear Surround) | Polk RC80i (L/R Surround) | SVS PB-2000 (Subwoofer) | Harmony Smart Control (Remote)

My basement reno: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...l#post33708177
BasementHT5 is offline  
post #120 of 122 Old 12-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I will be attempting to build a bar table soon and would appreciate any additional pictures, thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BleedingBlue is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

taboola here


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off