bar table behind theater seats - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #91 of 105 Old 03-10-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Thought I would post some pictures of my completed table. Final cost was just under $225, $300 if you count the chairs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 Old 06-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Cinema Bar

I am developing a new product that will be HT Design product that is a Cinema Bar designed to go behind theater seats. It will be a product we will stock probably on one size at first 101 wide by 42.8 high by 18 inches deep. I am contemplating color of the bar but I am leaning towards an ebony finish that works well in a dedicated room. Pricing is TBD but I am shooting for a retail price of around 1700 for bar only and we will have matching bar stools that go with it. I am unsure of pricing on those. It will fit around 5 bar stools behind it and it will have a pop up power device with usb and ac outlets. It will be made of Brazilian cherry hardwood.

I have attached a couple photos of prototype I am building.

I am looking for feedback. I am not taking orders yet but after I get my sample which will be in July I will order a container of these to come in for a Fall delivery time period.
So I am shooting to take orders sometime in August.

any comments would help ? is color right? any other colors of interest? as you guys seems to have built your own bars.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1032.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	750097   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1031.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	750105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	750113   Click image for larger version

Name:	dimensions.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	750121  

Last edited by HTmarket; 06-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.
post #93 of 105 Old 06-01-2015, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I am developing a new product that will be HT Design product that is a Cinema Bar designed to go behind theater seats. It will be a product we will stock probably on one size at first 101 wide by 42.8 high. I am contemplating color of the bar but I am leaning towards an ebony finish that works well in a dedicated room. Pricing is TBD but I am shooting for a retail price of around 1700 for bar only and we will have matching bar stools that go with it. I am unsure of pricing on those. It will fit around 5 bar stools behind it and it will have a pop up power device with usb and ac outlets. It will be made of Brazilian cherry hardwood.

I am looking for feedback. I am not taking orders yet but after I get my sample which will be in July I will order a container of these to come in for a Fall delivery time period.

any comments would help ? is color right? any other colors of interest? as you guys seems to have built your own bars.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I like it. I'm trying to decide if I want to attempt to fit a far into my future theater. Black is always good for home theater stuff. How wide is the top of the bar??...looks to be around a foot...

Last edited by Romans828; 06-01-2015 at 02:37 PM.
post #94 of 105 Old 06-01-2015, 02:43 PM

Sorry forgot to put that on there it's 18 inches deep. What price range are you in?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #95 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Subscribed. As soon as my kids are a bit bigger I want to build one of these for behind the couch. Some great stuff here.
post #96 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I know furniture can be pricey, but for that price I certainly hope free shipping is included and maybe a few chairs. It's a nice simply design with good lines, but there lies the problem. There is nothing unique about it that screams a $1700 price tag, at least not in my mind. Will the future product have the power cord for the pop-up power device? The cord hanging down seems tacky. One other idea, perhaps add a light kit option with LED that glow on the underside of the table.
rgswff3 likes this.
post #97 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I am developing a new product that will be HT Design product that is a Cinema Bar designed to go behind theater seats. It will be a product we will stock probably on one size at first 101 wide by 42.8 high by 18 inches deep. I am contemplating color of the bar but I am leaning towards an ebony finish that works well in a dedicated room. Pricing is TBD but I am shooting for a retail price of around 1700 for bar only and we will have matching bar stools that go with it. I am unsure of pricing on those. It will fit around 5 bar stools behind it and it will have a pop up power device with usb and ac outlets. It will be made of Brazilian cherry hardwood.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Nice! Where did you source your popup powerport? I am looking for a few for a computer desk I'm building. My bar table has been pushed to the backburner for a while until the bar is completed. Then the desk... then the bar table. On a better note, my bar is almost done!

and the table will go behind the sectional that you can just barely see here.
post #98 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Sorry forgot to put that on there it's 18 inches deep. What price range are you in?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I'd be interested but for something more in the 1k range. I contacted a couple of carpenters in my area to build me a table based on a design I put together and they have all come in around the 1k range. The design I put together has a little more flair I would say than the table you showed. I like the table you showed but would be looking for something a little more than the plain design.
post #99 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
I know furniture can be pricey, but for that price I certainly hope free shipping is included and maybe a few chairs. It's a nice simply design with good lines, but there lies the problem. There is nothing unique about it that screams a $1700 price tag, at least not in my mind. Will the future product have the power cord for the pop-up power device? The cord hanging down seems tacky. One other idea, perhaps add a light kit option with LED that glow on the underside of the table.
As I said this is a first draft of a prototype. So I am getting feedback for changes, we will have cord mgmt.

What would be unique that would make it more valuable?

Price tag is still up in air, I just threw out a price based on prelim cost, but we can get it in the 1500 range possibly It could come in less than this depending what we do with the how much hardwood we use, right now it's all Brazillian cherry hardwood, high quality. It's also very big, 103 inches long so it could be shortened, it would fit 5 stools though at 103. I have seen some built here but they appear smaller. Plus some I see are using plywood and 2 by 4's so it's a bit different. Some have real nice tops etc

Led kit could be something we consider as an add on or inclusion.

So I am using the forum to test the idea and tweek it.

Thanks
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #100 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaphi216 View Post
Nice! Where did you source your popup powerport? I am looking for a few for a computer desk I'm building. My bar table has been pushed to the backburner for a while until the bar is completed. Then the desk... then the bar table. On a better note, my bar is almost done!

and the table will go behind the sectional that you can just barely see here.
I can get the power port, just email our site and quote you a price on it, it's a mfg we use for some other things we do, it could take a couple weeks to get though.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #101 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgswff3 View Post
I'd be interested but for something more in the 1k range. I contacted a couple of carpenters in my area to build me a table based on a design I put together and they have all come in around the 1k range. The design I put together has a little more flair I would say than the table you showed. I like the table you showed but would be looking for something a little more than the plain design.
What kind of flair did you put into yours? I am interested in ideas, I like simple designs as it can appeal to more people as we will stock it but there might be some ideas that may work to bring more flair to the design, any ideas would be great?

what are the dimensions you are doing for the 1k? as size can be the factor in the price. what materials?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #102 of 105 Old 06-02-2015, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
What kind of flair did you put into yours? I am interested in ideas, I like simple designs as it can appeal to more people as we will stock it but there might be some ideas that may work to bring more flair to the design, any ideas would be great?

what are the dimensions you are doing for the 1k? as size can be the factor in the price. what materials?

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Good point on the size. The dimensions I got quotes on were 84"x18"x42" so a little shorter than what you are proposing. I'm planning to put the table behind a row of 3 chairs so something much longer wouldn't really fit my space. Maybe have two sizes available as I'm not sure everyone could fit one 100" long or longer? For materials, I did maple for the top and birch plywood for the sides.

The design is a bit of a combination of several I saw posted in this thread and some others.

I can't seem to find the threads but below is a picture of one that is similar. I did basically the same thing for the sides and bottom with panels so I could match the panels with the same color as my walls, a dark grey, with the rails in between painted black to match the ceiling and screen wall. I did a different top but can't seem to find a pic of it right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	752665  

Last edited by rgswff3; 06-02-2015 at 06:55 PM.
post #103 of 105 Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 AM

It's actually 101 I may have said 103 but still wide, this is the exact width of our southampton row of 3 seats which is our best seller, so I model the size after that, then it could easily work for a row of 4. Good point I could do a 90 inch size for the space saver rooms. I think that's a good idea, the 90 inch might come in much less, I am doing the bar height so it can be used behind a platform and one row, so it's pretty tall.

I might do some optional design you could put on the sides to dress it up a bit more.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #104 of 105 Old 06-03-2015, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is what we did. Used reclaimed wood for the bar top for something warmer and different, and also to save money over using granite.

seats by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

26 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

20 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Rec/Theater Build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...ater-pics.html
post #105 of 105 Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
My bar is 43 inches tall measured from the floor not the riser. My chair backs, tall Berkline 045s are never below the top of the bar even in a reclined position. So most of the front side of the bar is blocked by the seating.
Is that 43" from the top of the bar surface?

Trying to figure this out for a project I am framing now. I have a 2x8 riser in front of where I want to put it and I want to make sure that the people in the 3rd row bar can see over people sitting in berkline 12006's

----------------------------------------------------------
The Tiburan Lane Theater Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page