Help: Family’s over and my receiver won't act right. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-25-2000, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok I have a Pioneer VSX-24TX and for some unknown reason it wont play Dolby Digital. It seems to be defaulting to Pro Logic. I tried everything, I have checked all the optical cable and ever thing is cool. Even on the receiver theirs a thing called Signal Select so that I can chose between Analog and Digital. It says Digital yet I cant get it to play anything but Stereo or Pro Logic. I am pretty sure that it’s not the DVD Player (Pioneer DV-434) because I went it to the set up menu and everything was right. Even more stranger is the fact that I can play Gladiator in DTS and it works like a charm. But when I go back and start the movie in Dolby Digital 5.1 it goes to Pro Logic. Also when I look at the DVD Player it says Dolby Digital but the receiver says Pro Logic. I have had the receiver for about 3 months and I’ve played Dolby Digital DVD’S all the time, and when I try and show the old HT off it’s messing up.

[This message has been edited by marque1d (edited 12-25-2000).]

Marque Dailey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-25-2000, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Play Gladiator in DTS for now, that sounds much better anyway.

Fiddle with it when you don't have a crowd breathing down your neck..

-- Cain
post #3 of 5 Old 12-25-2000, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Marque,

Did you check that the DVD player's setup menu is set to output 5.1? Did you check that audio in the dvd's main menu is selected at 5.1? I had a problem once with this same exact thing happening with my VSX26. To my surprise, the fault was that I forgot to select the 5.1 option in the dvd menu, so that it was only playing back the alternate ProLogic track which the player somehow defaulted to.

Luca
post #4 of 5 Old 12-25-2000, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

That’s just it, I have went into the DVD players set up menu and everything was set to the way I originally had it. I have went into the DVD movie set up menu (Gladiator MI:2 and Shaft) and picked Dolby 5.1 yet it still says Pro Logic on the Receiver( I am 100% positive that I am hearing Pro Logic). As I said before the DVD Player says Dolby Digital on the front display. I have just about given up looks like I will be showing off DTS disk only.

Marque Dailey
post #5 of 5 Old 12-26-2000, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

I finally figured it out. It was the DVD player all along. I went into the DVD Player Set Up Menu (Pioneer 434) and I went into the Audio 1 menu and set it to just Dolby Digital and not Dolby Digital PCM. At first I though it wasn’t working because when I turn on a movie and I was looking at the Receivers Face Display it was still in Pro Logic. But as soon as I played the movie it went to Dolby Digital. I think the reason that it wouldn’t play right is because the other day I was playing some CD’s through my DVD Player. I was messing around with some of the different modes and that must have been what got it all out of whack.

Marque Dailey
Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page