We DYI'd a small (12x18) dedicated HT in our Columbia, MD house ~ 4 yrs ago. We moved back home to MN in Oct09. Unfortunately, we don't have space for a dedicated HT in this house. So I sold/CL'd much of my gear (100" Carada screen, Mits PJ, Denon 3806 Receiver, and PSB Image Speakers & Subs), only keeping the PS3.
The new MN house:
We'll be finishing the entire basement (~1000 sq ft):
(1) Great Room
- TV area with corner fireplace
- Pool Table area (or kids play area if my wife has her way)
- Small Bar area
(4) Small workout room
Goal is to get more sq ft for kids to play in, add a guest suite, and also build a better movie/sports experience vs our lil 42" in our main floor family room. Lastly, builder is throwing in basements basically for free now, so by doing myself, I should add to resale.
The plan for the TV area will be:
- 60-70" LCD/Plasma
- Marantz or Denon Receiver
- JBL in-ceiling LCRs and in-wall sides/rears
- misc other electronics.
- Potential build/wire for future drop down screen PJ
- Build out wall so there's a recessed area for TV
- Corner fireplace
I will no doubt have many questions, so many thanks in advance for your help.
I'll post pics with plan / progress.