Definitive Technology or Acoustic Research? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2000, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,
I am in the process of buying new speakers and have decided on either the DefTech 2006 speakers syste (BP 2006, 2300 cneter and BP2X bipolars)or the Acoustic research AR1's (front)( and AR3's (rear) and an AR2C for the center. The DefTEch system has great reviews but the AR system seem like it would really rock the house. I want good impact but also like finesse too.........yes I want it all. The price would be similar for both systems. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this?

As always a big thanks!

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-20-2000, 04:22 AM

My Hi-Res AR's work VERY well for music and theater. I mainly listen to electronic(Tangerine Dream, Ashra) or heavy bass and gituar driven funk in
addition to a lot of action/sci-fi movies and they don't break a sweat. Plus they have the ability to bring out the subtle sweetness of detail.
Warren
post #3 of 3 Old 12-28-2000, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

soccerdude:
Not to bash your post, but the other speakers you've listened to are not very musical speakers as well. Klipsch are rather bright (horns, it's a design thing), and M&K is more of a typical speaker, around the level of Polk Audio and such. I don't know what BA is. PSB Silver-i series and/or Monitor Audio will be more of a typical 'musical' speaker. They are just harder to find to audition.

At any particular price point, there is NO speaker that does music AND HT very well - you have to balance a bit on both sides. The 2 speakers mentioned in the subject is actually almost very opposite. I prefer Def Techs for HT, and AR for music (yes, I've heard them both, same material, different electronics/store).

Good luck.
Muljadi Budiman.

Ciao.
Muljadi Budiman
Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page