The "This is going to take forever" Build - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 10-30-2011, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes i did, guess i never updated the post with my "final final" plan i ended up figuring out a way to integrate it into the wall and have the door for the bedroom on one side and the door to the utility room on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 12-25-2011, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Making some progress on this! got the framers hired and they come on tuesday, they should be done in 2 days!!! also ordered my screen, went with a cinetension2 135" screen, it came in on friday but was missing the mounting brackets so i couldn't temp install it to make sure it was OK

Also ordered (hopefully) all of the A/V cables today so they should be in next week and will be able to start getting those installed. and sent my electrical plan off to my cousin who is an electrician and will be doing the electrical for me.

Now i just need to find some good plumbers and HVAC people to come in and get some quotes to get that done.

will post pictures later this week of the completed framing oh, and i updated the OP with the final floor plan we went with.
post #33 of 42 Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Finally got some time to get pictures done of the framing! also got plumbers hired and they have been in and are done already. my cousin who is doing the electrical is starting sunday and i've got a good chunk of the A/V cables ran, so some good progress so far!

back of family room looking at wall of bedroom

looking towards bedrooms/bathroom/utility

mini hallway going to bedrooms and bathroom

standing in back corner of bedroom 1

standing in back corner of bedroom 2

utility room

storage room, has 3ft wide pocket door for access

server rack in the office, also where all my AVR and components will be for family room

office view

back facing the screen wall

screen wall, blue tape is the approximate sides of the screen, white boxes are recessed so speakers can sit in front of them to hide them

cable "rack" where all the CAT6 and A/V cables will come into before going to server rack

close up of what i have done so far in cable rack

bathroom, standing in doorway looking at vanity

shower

and finally the throne

planning on doing the HVAC myself and finishing up the rest of my cable runs, then when electrical is done it will be inspection and then insulation time!
post #34 of 42 Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

my dad came over yesterday and we got the 3 heating/cooling runs done that i needed to add! wasn't too hard except the space we had to work in to cut the hole in the supply to put the elbow in was cramped. definitely worth saving over $1000 that hiring it out would have cost me!

my cousin also came over and started the electrical, got the can lights in place and all of the outlet and switch boxes put up and wire ran to almost all of them. He will be back this weekend and will hopefully be able to finish up. then it will be inspection time!!
post #35 of 42 Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

another weekend, more progress! electrical is coming along and should be done this coming weekend. I got almost all of my A/V and network cables done and started organizing them behind the server rack. i've got some names of drywallers so i'm going to try and get some in to get quotes going so i can get them lined up and ready to go. Hopefully if things work out drywall will be sometime the week of the 13th. will post new pics after electrical is done this weekend.
post #36 of 42 Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

ok, so electrical will be done Tuesday with inspection on Wednesday. I'm planning on having people over this coming weekend to help install insulation and will hopefully be doing drywall next week. Anyone have any tips on a "checklist" or something of sorts for things to make sure you have done before drywall goes up????? just want to make sure i have everything done before it goes up!

Thanks!
post #37 of 42 Old 02-13-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

inspection passed, insulation in, and drywallers start tomorrow! anyone think of any last minute details i need to check on before it goes up?????????
post #38 of 42 Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Did you install a vapor barrier?
post #39 of 42 Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Did you take pictures of what's behind the walls (pipes, wiring, etc) for future reference?

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #40 of 42 Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies, if by vapor barrier you mean something other then the paper that comes attached to the insulation then no.

yes i did try to take pictures of things in the walls. i may have missed some but think i got most of them.
post #41 of 42 Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAngel View Post

thanks for the replies, if by vapor barrier you mean something other then the paper that comes attached to the insulation then no.

yes i did try to take pictures of things in the walls. i may have missed some but think i got most of them.

Photos of the ceiling, too, in addition to the walls. I video taped everything also so I could be sure.

Chances are very good you'll want/need to pull some wire or make some adjustment at some point, and it helps a lot to be able to "see" behind the drywall to determine the easiest way to proceed.

The Un-Theater Un-Build

post #42 of 42 Old 02-18-2012, 11:12 PM

Something about all that fresh-cut timber that just makes the hair on the back of the neck stand up!!! I can almost smell it!! Looks awesome and looks like you are off to a great start!!!

Probably should have put up a vapor barrier. I have one on the inside of the studs (previous owner install) but I've seen others placed between studs and concrete. If I remember it goes on the "warm side". Many builds on here also have the stryo between concrete and studs for add'l insulation.

Keep up the works...subscribed!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page