Newbie needs help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-28-2000, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,
I just took delivery of a Toshiba CW34x92 HDTV today. I need help installing of all things the VCR. The equipment I am using is as follows:

1. Toshiba 34" HDTV widescreen
2. Dish Network 6000 HDTV Receiver
3. Sony 50ES Receiver
4. Sony 975 VCR
5. Sony 9000ES DVD Player

I need help hooking up the VCR. On the back of the VCR there is Line IN with 3 RCA jacks (L,R Audio, and Video) as well as Line 1 OUT with 3 RCA jacks (L,R Audio, and Video). I also have a UHF/VHF with a connection for IN and OUT.

My Dish Network 6000 receiver is connected to the Component jacks on the TV (HD1). I also have a S Video going from the Dish Network Receiver to the IN jack on the TV (so I can watch Standard Definition TV). There is also a HD2 with component jacks that I am using for the DVD player. The digital coaxal is going from the DVD player into the Sony 50es Receiver. I also have the fiber optic connection for Dolby Digital going from the Dish Network Receiver to the Sony 50es Receiver. Everything work perfectly.

I am totally confused as to how I should install the VCR. Could anyone please help me! I can't believe I don't know how to do this when I did everything else.

Thanks for you help,
Stephen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-29-2000, 05:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have a CW34X92. You can connect the VCR to the Video2 input of the TV. Use the Video Out jacks of the VCR. I don't think you will be very impressed with VHS through a line doubler, but see for yourself.
Closed Thread General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page