What is the best home theater show for projectors? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2000, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you had to pick a single show for evaluating projectors, what would it be? I am familiar with CES, Infocom, and Cedia, but have never been to any of them. CES sounds to be the most entertaining because of its broad topics (plus it's in Las Vegas). I understand Infocom has most of the projectors set up in a shootout, but not well set up for home theater, more for the business presentation market.

I once went to a show for Stereophile Guide to Home Theater, that was quite good, but I haven't been to show in a couple years. I have discovered it's a lot easier to depend on the opinions I find here to narrow my choices first, but it's fun to go to the shows and I would like to start again. Unfortunately I cannot make it to CES this year, it really looks like a lot of fun and I would love to meet all you people.

I probably wouldn't be able to find time to do more than one show a year.

------------------
Jeff
Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with ?Seleco 250 with Panamorph or "cheap" 9" CRT

Thanks,

Jeff

Finally went digital: RS20, ISCO IIIs, DIY 10.5' wide torus screen, Stewart StudioTek 1.3 G3 with 4 way masking and adjustable image size