Ikea Stolmen System Build - finished - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-14-2011, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is what I just put together at my new house. I used the Stolmen storage system from Ikea and hung the tv (LG 55lw5600) on a tilt/shift mount from Monoprice. The speakers are Paradigm Monitor 9s running from a Yamaha RX-A710. Running 3d blurays from the PS3 and network content from the AppleTV and SmarTV features built into the tv.

Would be happy to answer any questions or receive comments.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Liked: 11
It looks a little "industrial" for my tastes....plus, that pushes the TV away from the wall. Doesn't that directly conflict with the idea of having a slim TV that flush mounts to the wall in an effort to blend in from a design prospective as well as save space?
post #3 of 3 Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Liked: 10
Hi JWRamp,

I wonder if you could help me. I have a question about the small white plastic piece that is found in each small pole of the Stolmen post. I disconnected this piece from the end of the small inner pole (long story) and now want to reconnect it (but it now wont go back as before as it was "crimped" into position. From experience, does anyone know whether it matters if the white plastic piece and small pole are not tight/connected anymore? Will sitting the piece in the end of the pole be enough? Also, my ceiling is dry wall. Could I still connect the system to the ceiling if I use ceiling anchors? Do you know if this can be done? Many thanks in advance ( DIY novice).
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page