Where to put vertical center spkr and TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-30-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
The issue: Where to place my in-wall speakers relative to the TV.

Before I get to my questions, I’d love if anyone who has a vertically placed center – in-wall or regular speaker - could post pics.

Here’s the backdrop: For WAF reasons an architect is designing a custom shelf system on my wall to hold my TV and new in-wall speakers.

The in-wall speakers I want do not have a horizontal center, and after lots of research here, I’ve decided to use a vertical in-wall as the center.

My questions are these:

Should I array the three speakers at the same level across the wall?

If I do, at what height? Ear and eye level on my couch is about 40 inches, but if the top of the tweeters are at the 40-inch mark, the top of my TV would reach up to 76-inches (6 feet, 4 inches). That seems too high.

Instead I was thinking of placing my in-walls, which have 14-inch cutouts, from the 16-inch mark to the 30-inch mark. The tweeters could be angled slightly upward.

I’d leave two inches of separation and have the bottom of the TV (36 inches high) start at 32 inches and top off at 68 inches.

Does that sound OK?

Alternatively, I could put the L and R speakers higher on the wall and put the vertical center below the TV and angle the tweeter upward, I’d place the bottom of the center speaker at the 12 inch-mark and go to 26 inches.

If anyone has done something like this I’d love to know how you resolved the issue.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page