HT in a Barn - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, not quite. I have been remodeling my old listening room for several months, to include some new decor and some new equipment. This is part of a larger basement room and the listening area is basically 12' X 14", front to back. It's decorated in old barn siding and definitely has a rustic/primitive feel. I added some new pictures/posters, mostly of classic films, early audio hardware and old theaters. Mixed in are a few old tools and firearms.

I haven't used this room for several years because my youngest son lived down here for a couple years and left it looking like a WWI trench. I had an old Sony 41" rear projection TV that finally went Bye-bye.

I just upgraded to a new LG 55LW5600HDTV and a PanasonicDMP-BD210 Blu-Ray player. Also added a new equipment stand/rack.

So, now I've got it pretty much the way I want it. Needed a 30' HDMI cable run from my bedroom Dish DVR (no problems with the long run) and numerous other hardware tweaks, but it all works. I know it isn't a home theater in the purest sense, but I enjoy the contrast between the old, rustic stuff and the new technology; shows how far we've come in audio and video reproduction. And it sounds great!

Marantz SR 7300
Def Tech BP-2002 (L/C/R)
Def TEch BP-8 (rears)

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM

Nice job. I am surprised I like the rustic look you did. I usually don't go for that type of stuff but you pulled it off. Nice job on the cabling for the rack - very tidy. Nothing drives me more crazy than cables everywhere.

The only thing I don't like is the cd rack at the front of the room. Try to put that somewhere out of sight if you can. I think it is a major eyesore on an otherwise nice setup.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2012, 12:27 PM

Liked: 10
Looks nice. Very inviting. Shows personality. Love rooms like that. Nice wall hangers too. Looks like a pennsylvania long gun over the tv. Does that AV rack have a name? I like it. That's why I asked.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
A/V racks name is Cindy...she also feels something toward you too. Couldn't resist

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #5 of 6 Old 02-18-2012, 12:37 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

A/V racks name is Cindy...she also feels something toward you too. Couldn't resist

Thanks for the great help! You sir are of great value. I am currently thanking god you were here to post that lame joke for me.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by khankewycz View Post

Looks nice. Very inviting. Shows personality. Love rooms like that. Nice wall hangers too. Looks like a pennsylvania long gun over the tv. Does that AV rack have a name? I like it. That's why I asked.

Here's a link; scroll down and watch the product videos. Got mine at Wal-Mart for $150.

http://www.altrafurniture.com/eng/Pr...Mount-TV-Stand

Jim
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page