HDMI 2 way splitter? 2 displays 1 PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
New to this forum, but have been into AV for quite some time.. I am contemplating the idea of having my ps3 connected to both my TV display and computer display.. I have read that gaming is better on a smaller display and would like to give it at shot. However, I don't want to lose the ability to use my PS3 on my tv as well..

I have a LG PK950 plasma TV. Computer monitor is a Samsung P2350. Right now my ps3 is connected via HDMI. My pc monitor only has DVI inputs. The nice part is my PC monitor is only 4 feet from my TV, so short cables are all I would need.

I guess my main concern in this is loss of picture quality on either display. I really am not willing to sacrifice PQ at all.

What would your thoughts or recommendations be as far as splitters be? Any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfal View Post

Hi,
New to this forum, but have been into AV for quite some time.. I am contemplating the idea of having my ps3 connected to both my TV display and computer display.. I have read that gaming is better on a smaller display and would like to give it at shot. However, I don't want to lose the ability to use my PS3 on my tv as well..

I have a LG PK950 plasma TV. Computer monitor is a Samsung P2350. Right now my ps3 is connected via HDMI. My pc monitor only has DVI inputs. The nice part is my PC monitor is only 4 feet from my TV, so short cables are all I would need.

I guess my main concern in this is loss of picture quality on either display. I really am not willing to sacrifice PQ at all.

What would your thoughts or recommendations be as far as splitters be? Any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

B

You want to look at HDMI Matrix Switches. Monoprice.com has a bunch. I got the 4x4 so as to never run out of ports.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I use the monoprice splitter to split my ps3 output. Much cheaper than a matrix, but gets the job done for me. One output goes to receiver and then to basement big TV, other goes through the floor to living room TV. Bluetooth controller works just fine.

HDMI will give the lowest common denominator when output to 2 devices, so if your monitor is not 1080P for example then if running both TV and Monitor at the same time, your TV will only display the max rez of your monitor.

I use HDMI in on the devices that I have used the splitter with so have not experience with adding an HDMI to DVI adapter in to equation which could change how it all works out. HDMI can be a finicky thing as is noted all over these forums.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page