Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm looking for some furniture to go in a WAF friendly area under my 58" flat panel wall mounted TV. I have looked for years with no real success.

Here's the issue: I'd like it to hold a pair of L-R speakers 10"H x 21"D x 10"W, a center speaker that's 18"W x 8"H, and an AVR. A PS3 would also be nice.

Sounds like a lot of gear inside, but I have a unit now that I bought years ago so it is/was possible. It's butt-ugly, though and has been subject to a growing 8 YO boy's growing up 'attentions'. A L-R speaker goes in each end cabinet, the center on the top middle shelf and the AVR/PS3 underneath in the center.

Seems to me that I'm not the only guy who wants decent (non-soundbar or built-in TV speakers) sound without tower speakers standing in the room. I've come close a few times, but no cigar. Even the $1,500 plus options have thus far eluded me.

It would also be nice if a matching end table could be had as well to store/organize some of the 8 YO clutter.

Any ideas?

I'm finding that I'm smarter than I thought, but dumber than I need to be.
PSN ID: rtart, alt Ginsuyou2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have also been looking. I add to the equation that I want made in the USA and something quality built from solid wood with minimal veneers. The best option I have found is Standout Designs. It is pricey, but IMO you get what you pay for. They have cabinets and tables to match as well. Check them out, they are also made in PA.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've looked at their site and don't see anything that would work for me. Lots of space for center channels, but I want the L-R-C's all inside.

Thanks, though!

I'm finding that I'm smarter than I thought, but dumber than I need to be.
PSN ID: rtart, alt Ginsuyou2
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page