Wireless HDMI Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking into getting an EPSON 8350 for my living room and really looking into a wireless HDMI solution instead of running a lot of cables and having to move my devices closer to the projector. I've seen a few out there such as HP and RocketFish but would like to get some input from anyone that is currently using one or has experience with them. I would get an EPSON 3010e but it's a bit pricey for me, so I figured I'd get the 8350 and eventually get a wireless HDMI set up. I'll be using it for Computer, BluRay player, XBOX, Wii, and Verizon Cable box, all from an AVR.

Any ideas on which one? What should I look for in them? Major differences between models?

Trying to stay under $200.

Thanks!

Projector - EPSON 8350
Screen - DIY BOC 120" Fixed Screen
AVR - Denon 1612
Speakers - PolkAudio Monitor 60's
Sub - Coming soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 AM

I haven't used this product here but I think it may work for your price point and purpose.

Then obviously, I would run all sources into your receiver via hdmi - then use the transmitter on your receiver's hdmi out - and into (wireless connection) the projector hdmi in
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 PM

At least with the one on monoprice, it seems like a pointless task. You'd have to mount one hdmi receiver near the projector(which on a ceiling mount seems like would need it's own shelf) and still have the power cord from said hdmi receiver to deal with. Not sure it's worth $ to create another type of asthetic problem. Think you'd be better off fishing a hdmi cable in the wall. Or simply try to mask it around your baseboards as well as possible.

I see a point in using one for getting media from one room to another room. But not sure it's worth it for asthetic reasons for devices in the same room.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-24-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by khankewycz View Post

At least with the one on monoprice, it seems like a pointless task. You'd have to mount one hdmi receiver near the projector(which on a ceiling mount seems like would need it's own shelf) and still have the power cord from said hdmi receiver to deal with. Not sure it's worth $ to create another type of asthetic problem. Think you'd be better off fishing a hdmi cable in the wall. Or simply try to mask it around your baseboards as well as possible.

I see a point in using one for getting media from one room to another room. But not sure it's worth it for asthetic reasons for devices in the same room.

Since it seems most of these will pass signal through walls, couldn't I place the receiver that connects to the projector in the ceiling right above the projector so it's out of sight? Running a power cord is not a problem because there's really no length restriction. I'm just trying to keep from having to move my DVD player and other devices closer to the projector to stay within the length limit on HDMI cables. To keep them where I want them (on a stand under the screen), I'd have to have a very long HDMI cable because it has to go from up 12' of wall and across the ceiling another 16' - 18' to the projector. Also, the wall my screen is on is an exterior wall so there's not much room between the drywall and block to fish it through, and there's already other wires from the speaker pre-wire so it's be tough to run anything up that wall to get to the ceiling. Not really keen on running them along baseboards either since the cable would either have to lay across a dooor way on one side or along a sliding glass door on the other.

Projector - EPSON 8350
Screen - DIY BOC 120" Fixed Screen
AVR - Denon 1612
Speakers - PolkAudio Monitor 60's
Sub - Coming soon!
post #5 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 AM

Right now on my basement setup I am using a 50' HDMI and really don't notice any quality loss.

... and if I use a certain input it is taking a 40' hdmi from the cable box the floor above to the receiver, and then another 50' to the projector.... so from source to projector there is 90' in between and a receiver... I've never noticed an issue.

Again, I haven't used the wireless one but monoprice's return policy is pretty solid, so you may be able to buy - try - and if it doesn't work return it.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM

I have heard good things about the actiontech wireless hdmi kit. In my research this one seems to have the least issues with any signal loss or delay between audio and video. I do not have this untit (yet) but its available on amazon, or in your local best buy for a few dollars more then amazon. Best Buy might be a good option if you want to quickly purchase, test, and return it right to the store if it doesn't work to your satisfaction.

http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-MWTV...0447717&sr=1-1
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms