Just wanted to give everyone an update.
So I decided to pull the cold air from under the house and vent the hot air into the work shop. I was going to install an AC unit but I figured I'd take the gamble and give this a try. I am filtering the air from under the house so minus the a little bit of humidity its pretty cool air that gets sucked in. I dont mind the workshop getting too hot since since there are tons of windows open and im installing a large door to the back yard. This is mostly where I work on my motorcycles and such.. I figure if worse comes to worse and this doesnt work out well I can just install an AC unit after the fact. The hole under the house can still be used to route cable.
Anyways let me know what you think:
1. Busted a hole under the house. This is 1 of 2 holes since my workshop is on the slap and my house is on the raised foundation I figured I could take advantage of some of the cold air
2. Here's the funnel I made out of some dryer exhaust duct I cut up and riveted to the correct size
3. Forgot to take picture of the internal plate but here is rendering of what is installed
4. Here you can see the mess I made and the rack mount thats going in there. It took a bit of work to widen the door from a 28 to a 32". You can see the door I purchased. The blued taped area for the door is to the backyard. I actually decided to install a custom 40" door instead to fit the motorcycles.
5. External vent panel with the fans installed and the cables from the 5.1 and various Cat6 throughout the house
6. Installed a top exhaust fan
7. 5.1 and cat6 cables routed to a patch panel
8. Rack with all the media equipment as it sits now
9.So I could side the rack out and work on it I made this cable group. its about 10ft long. I was afraid it would get tangled but it works surprisingly well. The cables just lay between the wheels of the rack and everything slides in an out. one end goes into the patch panel and the other into the rack. Not shown here but its all covered up so it doesnt look so bad.
10. I added a temp activated fan controller for the 2intake and 2exhaust fans. here im wiring the screen through the doors
11. Here's some random photo of me busting walls in the living room which is about 2 rooms away from the media closet. I installed the 5.1 and rand all the cable.. kind of a pain in the ass but its worth it. I gotta say IR over Cat5 works superbly.
Its been about a month since I had this all installed. Few kinks to work out at first but overall not bad. The air is slightly less dry but nothing alarming.
Thats all for now.