Dual TVs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
His will sound weird, but here goes. The age old dilemma of wife wanting to watch her show, me wanting to watch the game. I have Dish Network. They offer dual tuner receivers. Obviously you have one receiver two remotes with the thought that the TVs will be in separate rooms. What would happen if you had the TVs in the same room? Would it work or would the remotes interfere with each other? Sound is no issue, I am deaf so I'll just have my volume down and the closed. captions on.

I have tried having both TVs in the same room using two separate receivers, two separate remotes. Wouldn't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Isn't the second tuner output expecting an RF remote? If so, that remote shouldn't interfere at all with the IR for the primary tuner... Might also be able to change the "address" of the IR remote in case the RF one sends both.

You can certainly do the dual-receiver idea, though. You just change the address of one receiver and its remote - should be in the manual(s).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure about the signals etc or why having 2 separate receivers in one room didn't work. I just know it didn't. I'm not real tech savvy in this regard. If the two in one receiver will work, I'd rather go that route anyway so that I'll have DVR. Of course, that creates the dilemma of fighting over storage space
post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanp1964 View Post

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure about the signals etc or why having 2 separate receivers in one room didn't work. I just know it didn't. I'm not real tech savvy in this regard. If the two in one receiver will work, I'd rather go that route anyway so that I'll have DVR. Of course, that creates the dilemma of fighting over storage space

Even the two receivers would have worked if you changed the remote address code. There are instructions in the DISH manual for this. At worst, hire the geek squad or someone to come help you. Don't know where you live. If it was close to me, I'd be happy to do it myself, and I am fairly sure we could find someone close by wherever you live.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 PM

Liked: 13
Secondary output on the DISH receiver will not be HD. I think it's either 480i or p. Make sure that you're okay with this.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I appreciate the answers. I got the TVs today and ordered the equipment a bit ago. I had forgot about the dual not having HD for both, so I am going to go with two HD receivers and set the remotes up as directed. DISH tech support, if possible was dumber than I in regards to what to do etc.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page