Townhouse Home Theater Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-20-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Ok I guess I am ready to show off what I have so far. This is not a finish product, but what Home Theater is a finish product??? Here are my specs:

Room Dimenision 21'9"Length 11'10" Width 8' Height

UPDATE 8 July 2012

TV - Sharp Aquos/Quattron LC-40LE810UN
- I ordered the Sharp Aquos/Quattron LC-60C8470U from Costco got a great deal and two 3D glass are included as well. I order two more pair on Amazon for 45 bucks each as well. Hopefully with in the next 10-15 days I will see my new TV on my media center biggrin.gif.

A/V Receiver - Onkyo 709
- New Onkyo 5010 is schedule to come out soon, would like to get it but looking at the specs it might be too big for the media center eek.gif, which would suck height and depth wise. Plus while the it would be nice to get my hands on this will it be worthwhile to get it or hold out since the 709 is holding its own.  

Blu-Ray Player - Oppo BDP-93
- PS3 is now retired as the sole Blu-Ray player and this Oppo is one heck of a machine. I already notice a huge improvement in the audio section and can't wait to test out the 3D capabilities on this as well.

Cable Box - Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8642HDC
- Didn't have much choice in this as my cable provider Ocenic Time Warner gave me this, so far no major complaints.

Media Player - Patriot Box Office Core
- While its not the end all of all media players I got a great deal on it and plays 95% of the things I throw at it. I hope they do some more firmware updates on this thing as it has a lot of promise.

Power Line Conditioner/Surge Protection - Monster Power HTS 3600 MKII
- I know a lot of people feel different about the Line Conditioner but I found a great deal on Amazon on it and it serves its pupose if an oversize surge protector.

Gaming Console - PS3 (Fatty 40GB)

- Now that this is strictly for gaming I guess I should buy some new games lol. I don't play much games on here but I guess I could finally finish up Grand Theft Auto IV and order the new Madden.

Speakers:

I currently have a 5.2 setup and eventually I am going to go 7.2. I would love to go 9.2 once I get my hands on an Onkyo 5010 receiver. I am still in the air about what rear surround backs I am going to use. I have been checking out the Mythos Gem XL's and I am pretty much about to pull the trigger on these. I am just not sure where I am going to mount or place them in my setup. My goal is to do 9.2 with front wides. to do this I will need to get a pair of Definitive Technoligy Mythos ST's speakers which are not cheap lol.

Current Speaker setup:
Fronts Left and Rights - Definitive Technology Mythos One
Center - Definitive Technology Mythos Eight
Surrounds - Definitive Technology Mythos Five
Subwoofers - BIC PL-200 dual setup

Cable Management is pretty much down just waiting on the new TV to finish up and I will more pics.

Pic's
Full shot of living/family room

Full Component Shot

Offset Shot of Components and Speakers with no grilles and Patriot Media on-screen

Mythos One standing tall no grille next to Blu-Ray Collection before I hooked it up to main system.

Patriot Box Office Core Media Player

Netgear Wireless Router and Switch

Poor Mans wire management system lol

Mythos Five rear left

Mythos Five rear right

Mythos One Right next to BIC PL-200 Sub

Mythos One Left next to BIC PL-200 Sub

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-20-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

I am also in need of a universal remote I am looking at the Harmony 1100 remote and the Pronto 7500 remote.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Here is a couple more shots:

Rear Shot

Another Front Shot
post #4 of 9 Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Nice gear you got there...We do have the same DVD / BLU RAY rack. But wow I need to catch up to you in the amount of Blu-ray disc you have !!! I still have plenty of DVDs and I don't think I will replace them all with the blu ray copies. With all that great gear do you plan on getting a larger flat screen one day? I think a good 70" would be killer in there.

Klipsch Synergy 3 speakers (LCR & surrounds)
dual Klipsch RW 12d
dual BIC PL-200
120" DIY 16:9 screen
Panasonic PT AX 200U projector
Panasonic BMP-BD35 blu-ray
Velodyne SMS-1
post #5 of 9 Old 05-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Sorry, just read the top of your post about the TV....GO FOR A 70" !!!!

Klipsch Synergy 3 speakers (LCR & surrounds)
dual Klipsch RW 12d
dual BIC PL-200
120" DIY 16:9 screen
Panasonic PT AX 200U projector
Panasonic BMP-BD35 blu-ray
Velodyne SMS-1
post #6 of 9 Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn kid View Post

Sorry, just read the top of your post about the TV....GO FOR A 70" !!!!

Here is my TV list that I am looking at:

Sharp Elite 70"
Sony 65HX929
Samsung 64E8000

I was also looking for the Sharp Aquos LC-70LE945 a 70" local dimming LED set but rumors has it this set may not come out I was really looking forward to this one. Also the thoughts of a 4K TV has peak my interest as well. So many options so little time lol!!!

Also I am not satisfy with my TV stand I was limited in what they have here in Hawaii, and its hard to get things shipped here at a decent price as well. That is the biggest stand I could find on this island.

I am looking for a bigger DVD/Blu-Ray rack and yet to fine one that suits my needs. I am at over 350 Blu-Rays I think Amazon owes me stock lol.

Next goal will be Universal Blu-Ray player so that is next on the list of things to get. Once I take my vacation to South America I will start the TV search again.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-27-2012, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Just pulled the trigger on the Oppo BDP-93 to be the permanent Blu-Ray player/Universal Player. I also cleaned a lot of the cabling up as well and once the Oppo comes in I will post more pics. I am getting antzy in the pants to get a new TV but don't want to pull the trigger to soon as I am hoping Sharp will keep the 945 model. If not I am looking at the 845 model and beng it is edge lit not really looking forward to that trying to find a full array but those are in the 80" models only. The new Samsung plasma are a little on the pricey side and I will always appreciate the look of plasma I guess I will see in a couple of weeks.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-01-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

New update just pulled the trigger on the Sharp LC-60C8470U, I didn't feel like waiting on the 945 model and I didn't want the to pay the price tag on the Elite models. Since I have a lot of windows in my place a plasma would have been a pain in the rear to avoid all the reflections that I have to deal with. I also purchased the Logitech Harmony 1100 remote as well. So Monday I will be getting the Oppo BDP-93 Universal player and the Logitech Harmony 1100 remote and hopefully by Friday or Saturday I will be getting my new TV. Once I get everything installed more pics to follow. This setup should allow me to get by for a couple of years till 4K Tv's and new Display techs start to come out. Plus I am still working on the sound system as that is the main priority. Just need to add two more channels for 7.2 and upgrade the receiver once Onkyo releases it next flagship as i am looking forward to seeing if they are going to do a 11.2 or stick with a 9.2 setup.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

More pics

Here is a shot of the New Components in the Media Center

Oppo BDP-93 playing and SACD in DSD mode to the Onkyo

Upclose shot of Media Center with new toys

Screen shot of Avatar

New Remote

Oppo in box