Dummie's Guide to Media Room?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello!

Is there a dummies guide to media rooms someplace?

We are building a home, and have a media room. I have attached the relevant dimensions. We have a sloped ceiling.

I have it wired for 7.1 sound, I will have the Rear LR surrounds under the sconces. (Ordered Klipsch G28 system for the fronts, G16 for the Rear LR, and will need to get in ceiling for the last 2).

I also have a projector prewiring going in the celing at about 16 feet back from the wall.

I will have a my entertainment ctr up front, to hold all the equipment. I want to put in the biggest screen possible. Doing some rough math, I think 140 inches diagonal is the best size to shoot for. (Jamestown Home Theater??)

Thoughts for screen size/vendor/projector for mainly movies and TV? I want to keep screen plus projector under $2000. 3D not really a big deal just yet, perhaps in 3 to 5 years (gives us all headaches).

The more I read, the more confused I get! I am not an audiophile, I just want a good viewing experience.

Alternatively, any Home Theater Vendors in Houston that you recommend. I am willing to pay for good honest advice from a vendor.
LL
LL
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page