Pictures of BDI TV Stands - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm in the market for a BDI Avion Series II TV stand and I'm trying to select the color. There are three colors: 1) Espresso; 2) Chocolate; and 3) Cherry. The Noir series also brings the "Slate" color, but I read that this is actually "jet black" in an Amazon review.

I think the Chocolate would be great, but none of the stores around me have them displayed. They only have Espresso and Cherry. Does anyone on here have a BDI stand in Chocolate that is willing to put up some pictures or describe the look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-24-2012, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
In case anyone is interested, I located a great furniture store in Chicago that carried a large array of the BDI stands. You can find stock pictures of these all over the internet, but I thought people might want to see what they looked like in person:

This is the piece I'm getting. Avion Series II 8929 (Chocolate/Walnut) - This store is selling this for $1700 (but, I found it cheaper elsewhere.)

post #3 of 5 Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 AM

Liked: 14
Anyone else had BDI consoles? I'm thinking about picking one up this week. The Avion II.

How do you like them?
post #4 of 5 Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Liked: 10
I have the Marina pictured above, but in black. Later I picked up the flat mount accessory for it. I can say without a doubt its my favorite and most solid piece of furniture in the house. I have a PS3, a AVR, DirectTv box, Wii, sling box Hd, XBox 360, 2 Apple TVs, a router, cable modem, Panamax power conditioner, and my center channel speaker in it, and I am constantly rolling it away from the wall to go back there. For years I get nothing but co pliments on it, and have never had any issues until this week. The European hinges seem top notch. When shutting the doors they prevent you from slamming them by catching and soft closing them. The complicated mechanism recently failed and when I reached out to BDI for help they jumped on it and sent me two new hinges. Their response was immediate, their questions knowledgable, and their response hassle free.

Their products are little more pricey than I am used to. The Marina was a luxury splurge item for me, but given the high quality of this unit and their customer service Ill definitely be looking to them for future home office upgrades.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Liked: 10
I have a number of BDI pieces, guess you could say I love great design and quality products. I have an Avion II, xela console in chocolate walnut, a cascadia in walnut, and Hokkaido tables. Next purchase will be the semblance modular office or if I get rid of the avion, the new Corridor, cool as all get out!!

Killer
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page