Slim Mounting TV - Stud Spacing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgive me if this has come up before - I searched the forum and google in general and did not find much on something that I thought might be a pretty typical problem....

I have a 40" Samsung LED tv (UN40C6400RF) that I'd like to have wall mounted using a slim mount (VideoSecu MLE01B). The Vesa spacing on the tv is 400mm x 400mm. My stud spacing is 16 inches (~400mm). I know I can do one puck in the stud and one in the drywall with an anchor, but I would feel more comfortable with both in studs if I can do it that way (I'm not interested in doing a piece of plywood between studs either - at that point, I'm comfortable enough with an anchor in drywall).

So, my question is, with the Vesa spacing and the stud spacing basically the same, how in the world are people mounting these things in both studs (or are they not)?? I did initially try having both pucks in the studs, but the only way I can get the wire to go around the pucks is if it's got a good amount of slack to it, so when it hangs down, the top of the pucks are showing. if the mounting locations on the back of the tv were just 2 inches lower, it wouldn't be a problem....

Thanks for any help thrown my way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody? Or did I post this in the wrong section?
post #3 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 350
I have close (if not the same) TV model, and had the same thoughts. I just mounted one puck to a stud, and an anchor for the other one. If you think about it, the TV only weighs 20 pounds... One of those decent picture hooks can hold 25 pounds by itself. So anything in a stud should be fine for these flat "picture wire" style mounts.

(Mine's been up for a year with no problem, by the way...)

I actually bought the Samsung branded mount as I was initially concerned about "hanging the TV by a wire". Seeing the mount in real life, and after realizing how little weight we're talking about - I'd have no second thoughts about using a cheaper, non-Samsung mount like the one you mentioned.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Wall Mount , Samsung Un40d5500 40 Inch 1080p 60hz Led Hdtv Black , Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page