Looking for blue rope lighting with "true" blue color. Any suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-27-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been trying to find blue rope lighting that emits a nice true deep blue light for my home theater. The blue rope lighting I purchased recently has more of an aqua blue light to it which I don't like. I can't say for sure if this is the normal color for most blue rope lighting or not. The ones I bought are the regular incandescent lights but I'm just wondering if LED lighting would be closer to what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-29-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

In other words...

Can anyone recommend some rope lights that are a nice true deep blue instead of a light aqua blue? I'm trying to avoid the trial and error route when it comes to buying more lights. Much thanks!
post #3 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
not sure if these would fit your application, but RGB LED strip lights offer several shades of blue, along with a lot of the rest of the spectrum. The blue on my strips is a middle spectrum blue, with the ability to push it towards purple or aqua marine. 15' sections typically run <$40 on the 'bay or A**zon with power supply and remote

underachiever extraordinaire
post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 88
The problem with incandescent lights is that the lamps themselves are broad spectrum and rely on a filter to get the color.

LED lamps are relatively narrow spectrum. Look for a product that incorporates LEDs with a wavelength of about 475 nm and you will have blue. However, because we all perceive colors differently, the only way you are going to knowl if you got what you want is to see it.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM

Here is photo of my blue rope lighting i built on top of my floating drop down, they are very blue, but are against a black back ground not sure what color they would be on a differnt color. Here is a photo of them with light on and light off. This are dimmable but they are turn all the way up in this photo's.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page