My room design advise - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK guys I've been filtering through alot of threads here and "HTS" and am starting the design of my future theater. I'll let everyone know now that I've never done anything like this and plan on doing everything myself. I do have experience in wiring and carpentry work so I should be good there. I will need help in the future as how to set everything up and "adjust" the acoustics of the room. I want to leave the entry open to other rooms in the basement so it's not technically a "dedicated" theater.

I'll get the rendering up as soon as I get home tonight so you can see the general idea that I have. I look forward to take the idea in my head, put in on paper and see it come to life!. I won't be able to get started on it untill early next year and it's probably going to take some time to complete. Again.....Thanks guys and hopefully I can build something to be proud of!

This is not a very large room (17'D x 14'W x 7'6"H) and I'm only looking to go with a curved couch for 4 people but, I'm more than likely going to changes things around a few times so we'll see.

this is a 3/4 view looking at the back right corner.... the surrounding walls are not up in this picture
this is the side view where the screen will float off of the floating wall...kinda hard to explain

this is a view showing how dark I'm going (probably not the colors i'm going with)and the corner bass trap

Dim bulb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-30-2012, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Am I in the wrong forum?

Dim bulb
post #3 of 4 Old 06-30-2012, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Beautiful design. Might be better off posted in the dedicated theater forum, although the room straddles theater and mediaroom.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2012, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

you know what.... you're probably right. Any way I can get a moderator to move this over there and delete these last few posts???

Dim bulb
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page