Tombstone Birdcage theater replica - need projector and screen advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I'm helping a friend who is building a replica of the Birdcage Theater from the western town Tombstone. He is going to use it for stage productions with actors and such but also wants it to work as a movie theater (using a roll down screen I'm thinking). The entire theater is 30ft wide by 50ft deep but the dimensions for the audience will be more like 28ft wide by 35ft deep. The theater also has two levels where people can watch from up top on each side.

Without breaking the bank what would be the best options for putting a really big 15ft+ wide screen in there that would roll down automatically? I'm thinking since the ceiling is so high that the screen would need to roll down automatically versus pull it down but let me know if I'm wrong about that. And what would be a good projector to use around $3000 dollars?

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated!! I don't want my friend to waste this amazing theater! Thanks.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page