entertainment wall ideas - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-07-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
so i rent a small one bedroom house and the living room area is wide open to the kitchen/laundry area. i want to divide the areas up since the kitchen area is kinda depressing and really out dated and the land lord wont cut my rent any for renovations or any kind of work i do on the house. might end up just buying it later when i get some $ saved if i cant find a new job. saw this and i really want to do somthing like this: http://www.trendir.com/archives/misuraemme-wall-unit-monos-1.jpg

not sure on how im going to achieve the high gloss panels but it will be metal framed since i can weld but suck at carpentry work of this size and i have very few woodworkig tools. thinking maybe lexan or plexiglass with really dark tint to get the big gloss panels on the front.
idea 1: the front will have two towers on either side and a piece across the bottom. the three pieces will bolt together with a gap as small as i can to make it look like one big piece across the bottom. the tv sides of the towers and top of the middle section will get a flat fabric (maybe fake suede) so i dont have any glare from the tv. the out side pieces i was thinking mdf covered with vinyl and possibly the same for the back but in white since it will become a wall so i want it to be uniform. mounting the mdf with T nuts bolted from the inside so no fasteners are shown on the outside.
idea 2: same panel finishes but with a bottom cabinet across the bottom and one on the top. it will have angled supports for the top cabinet. gloss front, flat fabric tv area and vinyl sides and back.

also could do mdf pieces covered in vinyl with plexiglass windows since it will be really hard to make the fronts look like one big piece. middle slide out like a drawer and sides open like a door. tops will probably hinge from the top with a kick stand type support. depending on how stable this is some type of jack supports on the top to wedge it between the ceiling and floor could be used. anybody know of similar set ups or reasons why what im thinking wont work?

quipment i have now. its all cheap but the tv, it was almost twice what everything else cost.
martin logan 5.1 mlt-2
pioneer avr
htpc
toshiba blue ray (want to get my htpc to do 3d blu ray soon)
ps3
60" Sharp quattron 3d
parts express tritrix kit speakers unfinished (not sure if i'll keep them or just rock the ml fronts. still breaking in and not blown away by them yet to justify making room for them)

yes this is my first post but i have been reading alot one here. if im not reading on here im working lol. i was into car audio alot and started out with spl and then went into sq then home audio. this is also why im tring to use vinyl and plexi to get the finish i want since i know i cant get a painted piano finish to save my life so i dont even try anymore.

all help or comments are appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
DCFC0010.JPG 957k .JPG file

after looking at my layout i think a large cabinet on the left with the tv on the right will get me on center for better viewing. this way i can mount my speaker on the walls to get them at a better arrangement since my rears will be wall mounted. or i will move the couch so it is the divider and do it on the wall were the couch is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCFC0010.JPG (956.8 KB, 15 views)
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page