Lower power consumption A/V center - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here is a bit of an odd question for everyone: what recommendations do you have for A/V receiver, subwoofer, and Television for a mountain home that is "off the grid".

The home is powered by a combination of solar, battery, and generator. I'd like to have an okay/decent setup for watching movies and sports, but I must first and foremost give thought to power consumption.

TVs: I figure the lowest power flavors are all going to be LED -- right or wrong in my thinking here? The next practical problem is viewing angle. The room is 25 feet wide and 18 feet deep -- the TV mounts on the wall about center (13 feet) and above the door. With width of the room I think I need something with fairly solid viewing angle. The last practical problem is light/screen glare -- the room has lots of floor to ceiling windows. Picture quality is high on my list, while 3D and internet capable are low. Here are the ones I have on my short list:
1. Samsung UN46ES7500
2. LG 47LM6700
3. Toshiba 46L5200
4. LG 47CS570

A/V receiver: I'd like it to be able to run 2 zones (one 5.1 zone, and one stereo zone). Power consumption is the key here. I don't have a short list created yet.
Subwoofer: I am going to have to compromise here as power consumption is key, but the room volume is large (25x18 with 15ft ceilings). No short list yet.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
surely somebody's got some thoughts, or opinions?
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page