ok. I am upgrading a 8 year old sony 6600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It has been a good system, but I finished my basement/bar area and have a great area for movie/sports watching on a 56" TV. The sony is ok, but it lacks features on the newer models and it is time to upgrade.

I started by looking at some yamaha htib systems, with the though of upgrading the speakers in a year or two. The more I think about it tho, it seems silly to spend anything on throw in speakers, so I decided for sure (unless you convince me otherwise) on the Energy Take Classic 5.1 for the speakers.... this seems like a set that will be good in that room for practically ever.

So that brings me to the receiver. I have been looking at the Yamaha 73 line and specifically the 473. I love the Yamaha ipad app for the control, the network capabilities and i dont need the zone B or the 7.1 of the higher models. 4 HDMI hookups should be plenty for me.

My question is this... should I be looking a different direction for the receiver? I have family that owns Yamaha and it seems good to me and the 473 seems well reviewed, but you all know more about this stuff than i do.

Fire away!!! biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-10-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
oh and to add, i can get the receiver for 399, and the speakers for 399, i probably would get the yamaha network adapter which is 79-99 so total of 900 or so... that is the top that I would consider...

Especially since this started a week ago with a wild hair on a 549 HTIB.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page