Getting rid of the wires - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need some advice on what wireless thing to buy so that I do not have to keep my Dish receiver visible. I have a TV hung on the wall and am not able to mount these things behind it. Is there some sort of wireless receiver that I can buy so that I may be able to put the Dish box in a closet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
There's various wireless HDMI extenders, and I think some that tunnel the signal through the power lines. You'll still need a receiver of some sort near the TV, though it might not be as big and bulky as a set-top box.

I use a Brite-View BV-2322 between my TiVo and my equipment rack. It can send up to lossless 1080p with audio, and sends IR in the other direction so the remote control signals can get back to the equipment. The catch is a limited range. My transmitter and receiver are 16 feet apart with a nearly unobstructed line of sight, but they still occasionally refuse to sync up at first (maybe once a month). When they work, the picture is perfect; when they don't, it's just a blank screen with no useful diagnostics.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 05:53 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dododge View Post

There's various wireless HDMI extenders, and I think some that tunnel the signal through the power lines. You'll still need a receiver of some sort near the TV, though it might not be as big and bulky as a set-top box.
I use a Brite-View BV-2322 between my TiVo and my equipment rack. It can send up to lossless 1080p with audio, and sends IR in the other direction so the remote control signals can get back to the equipment. The catch is a limited range. My transmitter and receiver are 16 feet apart with a nearly unobstructed line of sight, but they still occasionally refuse to sync up at first (maybe once a month). When they work, the picture is perfect; when they don't, it's just a blank screen with no useful diagnostics.

+1 . I have this system as well and use it with a directv receiver to send a signal to my projector in another room. The distance is about 45ft through a kitchen wall. The sync issue does happen from time to time but not too often. Plus I think my 5ghz router contributes to the sync issue since the brite-view works on the same frequency
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page