Powerbridge solution for in-wall install?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently moved my TV over my fireplace and am now looking to hide the wires inside. I understand you cannot run extension cords or power cables through the wall and am looking for a cheap and easy way to hide my wires. Monoprice and Powerbridge both offer solutions for this correct? Well my question is this, looking at both of these options it seems you are getting a recessed panel with cable management passthrough and male/female prongs which both plates connect using romex. Could you not accomplish the same thing by using two standard receptacles and romex with a double sided male to male plug? How does this differ from those options, aside from the recessed part? Am I missing something? Because I could do it that way for $20 vs 50+.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k View Post

I recently moved my TV over my fireplace and am now looking to hide the wires inside. I understand you cannot run extension cords or power cables through the wall and am looking for a cheap and easy way to hide my wires. Monoprice and Powerbridge both offer solutions for this correct? Well my question is this, looking at both of these options it seems you are getting a recessed panel with cable management passthrough and male/female prongs which both plates connect using romex. Could you not accomplish the same thing by using two standard receptacles and romex with a double sided male to male plug? How does this differ from those options, aside from the recessed part? Am I missing something? Because I could do it that way for $20 vs 50+.
WTF? You trying to kill someone? a 'male to male' power cord is referred to as a 'SUICIDE CORD'....eek.gif
post #3 of 7 Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It didn't even occur to me until I read your response, I had to LOL. I was just asking if it would work, and now I'm glad I did. Thanks.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
This is what you want to use: http://www.amazon.com/Datacomm-50-3323-WH-KIT-Panel-Organizer-Solution/dp/B001PB7UVA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342586706&sr=1-1

Notice the difference of the plug ends, and this kit is for using the romex wiring in the wall if your going to run your other outlet into another location for your av power conditioner / surge protector located in an AV rack, or just away from the tv, to another location.

Search for other products from Datacomm, these are available at Monoprice as well

I would not want to answer to the fire department if a fire happened and something was jimmy rigged, or used to be " Cheap " rather spend 50 bucks, and it's made for this purpose of install.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I used the Monoprice one and it works great. Looks real professional too. cool.gif
post #6 of 7 Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM

What's the monoprice version? I can't seem to find it.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
This is the one I ordered and installed

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10425&cs_id=1042513&p_id=4652&seq=1&format=2

Still looks good and works good cool.gif
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page