Would it be ill advised to run Wiremold - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Home Entertainment & Theater Builder > General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms > Would it be ill advised to run Wiremold

General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

street388's Avatar street388
07:20 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
07-18-2012 | Posts: 6
Hey guys,

Since I bought my home few years ago I've tried running cables inside the walls for my 7.1 setup in the family room. At first it seemed like an easy set up but having some major issues fishing out cables on one end of the wall. So after weeks of trying, making holes and one pissed off wife I had to stop with the experiment. Now I'm looking at using wiremold to run along the wall, does anyone have any suggestions/tips before I go buy some and start with the new project?

Thanks
jayn_j's Avatar jayn_j
09:23 AM Liked: 32
post #2 of 3
07-18-2012 | Posts: 1,272
Don't run power and signal through the same channel is the biggest suggestion.

Another hint that may save some money is to try prying off the baseboard molding. There is generally a gap between the floor and plasterboard where wires can be routed. You can usually create a vertical channel that allows you to get into the wall, yet still be covered by the baseboard so you can run a wire up to a speaker or TV.
street388's Avatar street388
09:56 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
07-18-2012 | Posts: 6
Thanks man for the advise. I'll look into the baseboard suggestion on one wall I can probably use.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Subscribe to this Thread