Projector placement for unpurchased projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2012, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So, long time reader of this forum. Wanted to do the finishing myself but my wife sprung a contractor on me for Father's Day and we're off and running with finishing my basement in to a theater/office

The room is 12'4" wide x 28'8" long with just under 7" finished ceiling height and no obstacles/soffits. Been reading the heck out of all the small theater builds for the last few years....

The electrician is here. I have one of the monoprice boxes for extending surge protected outlets from my equipment closet to the projector location.

I have a nice 60" TV that is going to fill the void until a projector can be purchased along with a nice screen.

My question is where should the outlet/LV box be mounted to ensure optimal placement for the largest possible screen in the future. I am kind of under the gun here so any help is much appreciated. I would be happy to answer any other needed questions to get the best answer possible. Thanks in advance for the excellent support this forum provides.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 50
That can only be determined once you figure out what size screen and which projector you are going to install. Different projectors have different throw lengths and types of zoom lenses. projectorcentral.com has a calculator that is very useful.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

That can only be determined once you figure out what size screen and which projector you are going to install. Different projectors have different throw lengths and types of zoom lenses. projectorcentral.com has a calculator that is very useful.

I was kind of afraid of that. I'm going to install an outlet and a run of 2 HDMI and 3 Cat6 cables as well as some bracing for a projector mount about 15 feet from my desired screen wall. I figure that will give me a starting place, it can be moved with some hassle but hopefully is generic enough that it would work with a future projector of some sort.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page