New Home with Ceiling speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-25-2012, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I'm a forum newbie and I hope I am posting in the right place. I just bought a new townhome in the Seattle area. It was built in 07 and came with ceiling speakers. The setup is this:

Ground floor: 1 speaker in Office
2nd Floor: 5 Speakers in Living room, 2 speakers in Kitchen
3rd Floor: 2 Speakers Bedroom A, 2 Speakers Bedroom B, 1 speaker bathroom

In each room there is a Dial that I assume changes the volume.

I have no idea what kind of speakers I have because I haven't been able to pry the covers off of the speakers. They are wedged on there pretty tight.

I would like it so that during gatherings or whatever I can play music simultaneously throughout the house and only Isolate the living room when playing games or whatever. Airplay/ bluetooth for audio to the house speakers through my nexus would be ideal as well

Im thinking I need a 5.1 reciever with a seperate 2 channel out then that goes to an 8 channel Amplifier. The reciever Should be able to power both circuits at the same time.

What do you guys think? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I walked into magnolia AV and was less than impressed with their style of business.

I can provide pictures if you want as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Best posted in the Hone A/V Distribution forum, but you're on the right track for a simple setup. Pull the plate off the volume control and see if you get lucky and have a cat5 control wire there slimy with the speaker wires...

A "whole house audio" system is the next step up giving the ability to listen to multiple sources in the different zones. Check HTD.com for cheap multichannel and WHA systems.

You can also use one larger amp and a speaker selector like the Aton DLA, but an HTD setup would be more flexible...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page