Originally Posted by drdsak
Hi everyone, this is my first post
I want to set up a HT in my living room
Dimensions are 17 foot length x 18 foot width
I am planning to buy (prices in INR)
- TV - Panasonic 42 inch ET5 series (TH-L42ET5D) ~ 70k (Passive 3D) ~ 1250$
- Onkyo HT - S5400 7.1 Home theater system ~ 50k ~ 900$
- Sony PS3 play bundle ~ 18k ~ 320$
- Logitech harmony 700 Universal remote ~ 6k or 110$ OR Harmony 525 ~ 3k or 55$
I like passive 3d, also panasonic has built in wifi, smart features, not available in other tvs for same price
Onkyo fits the bill for 7.1 as other mix and match setup are very costly (I want to setup everything once and I want 7.1)
Logitech 700 has 6 devices support and good database and learnin too, can control ps3 vis HDMI CEC (confirmed), but 525 though older supports 10 devices.
Other components required are HDMI cable
Also onkyo supplied speaker cable is too short for surround back speakers
My queries are:
1. Which gauge to get - 14 / 16 / 18 / 20?
2. Will it void warranty if I use other cables with Onkyo HT?
3. Should I replace all cables from onkyo Or just surround back?
4. Should I get cable for subwoofer too? I ask this because I have doubt that if I use different cables for each speaker the performance will be affected.
5. Onkyo specifications does not show 24p support, dont know whether its going to be a problem
6. Will Onkyo play apple lossless from ipod? Will PS3 play back apple lossless ripped by Itunes?
7. Is Logitech Harmony 525 supporting 10 devices is better option than Harmony 700? Any user feedback
8. Is 42 inch TV small for my room length (16 foot)? Should I go for 47 inch?