Help me out, please... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's the deal. So I work in Magnolia and just end up giving into my impulses which results in me purchasing speakers, receivers and all the like. I just moved into my apartment, and am at a loss. Here's what I have, a Marantz 1402 ($200 what a steal), a Pioneer VSX-519, B&W M1, Yamaha NS-A100XT, Bose 161 and a cheap Sony center channel, a Kenwood turntable with an Audio Technica 8008 cartridge and original needle, and a NuForce uDAC. I have two completely different systems for two completely different uses. In my living room, currently, I have my new Marantz, the Yamaha as front speakers, the Sony center channel and the two Bose rear speakers for my surround. I mainly use this area for movie/TV watching but occasionally I will listen to music on it. In the bedroom however I have a setup ONLY used for music listening, kind of as an extension of computer speakers but also for records. Currently I have the B&W M1 hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-519, with the turntable hooked up and my Mac hooked up to the uDAC then to the portable output on the Pioneer to get music. I also use the Pioneer for headphone listening as it does a surprisingly amazing job at pushing headphones. I know it's a cheap barebones, no frills receiver but I kind of feel like I'm wasting the B&Ws on it, and vice versa the Marantz in my living room, or putting my B&Ws in the family room...aaah, first world problems.

I absolutely love my Marantz receiver, the sound on it is impeccable and those Yamahas are surprisingly excellent on Pure Direct from the Marantz...(flat receiver, flat setting=earsex) but I also love the B&Ws I have and think the sound quality on the Pioneer is pretty damn good for the basement price I paid for it on discount. But I still think maybe I should turn elsewhere for the B&Ws...I'm a pretty hardcore audiophile so I dig what I have and did the best I can on a budget, but still, any suggestions on a better way to optimize what I have?

I'm not going to upgrade my main speakers, (my B&Ws and my Yamahas) but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmunthe View Post

Here's the deal. So I work in Magnolia and just end up giving into my impulses which results in me purchasing speakers, receivers and all the like. I just moved into my apartment, and am at a loss. Here's what I have, a Marantz 1402 ($200 what a steal), a Pioneer VSX-519, B&W M1, Yamaha NS-A100XT, Bose 161 and a cheap Sony center channel, a Kenwood turntable with an Audio Technica 8008 cartridge and original needle, and a NuForce uDAC. I have two completely different systems for two completely different uses. In my living room, currently, I have my new Marantz, the Yamaha as front speakers, the Sony center channel and the two Bose rear speakers for my surround. I mainly use this area for movie/TV watching but occasionally I will listen to music on it. In the bedroom however I have a setup ONLY used for music listening, kind of as an extension of computer speakers but also for records. Currently I have the B&W M1 hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-519, with the turntable hooked up and my Mac hooked up to the uDAC then to the portable output on the Pioneer to get music. I also use the Pioneer for headphone listening as it does a surprisingly amazing job at pushing headphones. I know it's a cheap barebones, no frills receiver but I kind of feel like I'm wasting the B&Ws on it, and vice versa the Marantz in my living room, or putting my B&Ws in the family room...aaah, first world problems.
I absolutely love my Marantz receiver, the sound on it is impeccable and those Yamahas are surprisingly excellent on Pure Direct from the Marantz...(flat receiver, flat setting=earsex) but I also love the B&Ws I have and think the sound quality on the Pioneer is pretty damn good for the basement price I paid for it on discount. But I still think maybe I should turn elsewhere for the B&Ws...I'm a pretty hardcore audiophile so I dig what I have and did the best I can on a budget, but still, any suggestions on a better way to optimize what I have?
I'm not going to upgrade my main speakers, (my B&Ws and my Yamahas) but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hhmm?
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Marantz Nr1402 Av Receiver , Pioneer Vsx 519v K 5 Channel A V Receiver Black , Bose 161 Bookshelf Speaker System Black , Sony , Center Channel Speakers , Speaker Systems , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - Nr1402 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page