Can I use a 42" Plasma Wall Mount on a 55" LED Display? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I searched for this as I figure someone must have asked before, but couldn't find a concise answer. I have an old Panasonic Commercial Plasma (TH-PWD7UY) that is wall mounted in my bedroom. When I bought the mount, it was labeled as a Universal Mount I think for TV's 37"-45"... This was about 6-7 years ago when there were hardly any LCD's on the market yet, so I think the limitation was based on weight, not screen size.

I'm looking to get a Panasonic WT-50 LED 55" TV to replace this one. The weight of the 42" Plasma is 64 pounds, and the weight of the 55" LED is 33 pounds. Any idea of the existing mount will accommodate it? Obviously if they are rated by weight only than it will work, but I'm not sure if there's a size factor when the mount manufacturer gave the sizes it will fit.

The mount I'm using isn't a square VESA mount it's the kind with 2 vertical metal rails attached the TV, then attaches to the horizontal railing mounted to the wall, like this:

I remember it took a lot of elbow grease to get it in just right and it's very sturdy in the wall so don't want to remove it and replace it with another mount if I can at all help it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Do the holes on the mounting brackets line up to the holes on your new TV? If so you're good to go. cool.gif

A mount is a mount. If it can hold the weight a 64lb TV it can hold the weight of a 33lb TV.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Do the holes on the mounting brackets line up to the holes on your new TV? If so you're good to go. cool.gif
A mount is a mount. If it can hold the weight a 64lb TV it can hold the weight of a 33lb TV.

Don't know about the holes yet as I haven't bought the TV but there are many holes on the vertical rods so I think it will fit one way or another.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds more than likely it will fit...
post #4 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaBliss View Post

Don't know about the holes yet as I haven't bought the TV but there are many holes on the vertical rods so I think it will fit one way or another.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds more than likely it will fit...

Yeah, it's your money, but I'd be really surprised if it didn't fit. cool.gif
post #5 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 107
If it does not fit, monoprice.com has very good mounts for very very low prices... as in $14 for an ultra low profile 37-63" 165lbs.. take a look at their selection, you may find there is something better (more adjustments) than the one you have.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10828
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Plasma Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Wall Mount , Panasonic Viera Tc L55wt50 , Panasonic 42 Inch High Definition Plasma Display
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page