Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Suddenly not outputting 5.1 from netflix? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

So I've got a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 hooked up to my receiver via HDMI and outputting to a full 5.1 surround system. For the past month or so it has been working great with Netflix. Anything that is available in Dolby Digital 5.1 was indeed being recognized by the receiver as such and outputting it properly.

Last night I switched the network connection on the bluray player to 'wired' instead of wireless (I'm experimenting with getting slightly more consistant video quality)...suddenly the player is no longer recognizing the 5.1 being put out by Netflix. I've tried restoring all the settings and starting over and that didn't work. I tried putting in a Dolby Digital bluray and the player recognized that surround audio just fine. I even tried switching back to to wireless and still no 5.1.

Any thoughts as to why the Netflix app in specific seems to have given up sending a proper surround sound signal to my receiver? It will allow me to do Neo6: Cinema....but pretty much everything allows me to do that. I suppose I can settle- just wondering why the true 5.1 vanished. :-(

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump from retirement.

Curiously have the same problem now. 5.1 used to work but now it only outputs stereo even for content marked as 5.1. Nothing changed, same firmware version 1.88.

Can't find any setting within the player or the Netflix app that has any effect. Blu-ray's play fine of course.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt210 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Player Dmp Bdt210 , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player Dmp Bdt210
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page