Reducing bass travelling out of the room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently my neighbour complained about the bass of my HT. I have a B&W 683 HT System with the AWS610 sub powered by a Denon 4310. I was watching Battleship and the next day I received the complain along the lines of the bass was louder than their TV speakers.

So now I am looking at room treatments. I came across GIK Acoustic products and wondered if it would help in reducing the bass leaking out of the room. Any thoughts?

The right side is closest to the neighbour.

Edit: added pic of the HT Setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusawa View Post

Recently my neighbour complained about the bass of my HT. I have a B&W 683 HT System with the AWS610 sub powered by a Denon 4310. I was watching Battleship and the next day I received the complain along the lines of the bass was louder than their TV speakers.

So now I am looking at room treatments. I came across GIK Acoustic products and wondered if it would help in reducing the bass leaking out of the room. Any thoughts?

Does your neighbor share a wall or floor/ceiling? Or is he in a separate house? Bass travels through walls easier than other frequencies, so kinda hard to stop it without some serious soundproofing...don't know about GIK, not familiar with them.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Does your neighbor share a wall or floor/ceiling? Or is he in a separate house? Bass travels through walls easier than other frequencies, so kinda hard to stop it without some serious soundproofing...don't know about GIK, not familiar with them.

Separate house. The wall outside the HT is about 1m from a fence and then further 3-4 meters to their house.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusawa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Separate house. The wall outside the HT is about 1m from a fence and then further 3-4 meters to their house.

Yow, good job! Have you asked your neighbor if you can come over and experience it so you know how much work you may have ahead of you vs just turning it down?

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page