Can't make my home theater (Sony DAV TZ- 140) work with my TV cable/ XBOX. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-25-2012, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello

I bought the Home Theater system DAV TZ-140 but I cannot get it to work with my Xbox or regular cable on tv.
I have researched it and they say to use an optical cord for the xbox but the problem is that my HDTV nor the receiver from the DAV TZ-140 have it. I have my Xbox connected to my TV using HDMI cable. How can I get it to work? I have already gotten a RCA cable and connected from receiver to tv and nothing.

My TV is a Samsung LN32D403 LCD HDTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I nearly brought one myself says on top of box only comparable with Sony Bravia tv
post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
You're pretty much SOL - the HT system you bought is primarily meant to be used to play DVDs/CDs/USB content internally via the player itself, thus, it's additional input capabilities are extremely limited. Ideally, what you would do is connect both video and audio of all your devices to the TV. Then, use a TV's analog audio output (stereo RCA) to feed a two channel signal to the HT box. You would then select the TV/cable input on the HT remote. However, your TV does not have an analog RCA output, so the above setup option becomes moot.

The only choice you have left is to connect analog RCA cables from the devices themselves directly to the HT box's RCA input, in which case, you can only connect one at a time (or buy an anolog switch box/selector to accommodate two). Keep in mind that even with this setup, you will be getting at best two channel audio up-mixed to 5.1 via Pro-Logic, not true 5.1 surround.

The ideal solution IMO is to upgrade your HT box.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page