Well I started turning one half of my bar/ gameroom into a theater. I finished the shadowbox theater screen, have my seats and my equipment rack but now I'm kind of lost on the design side. A couple things I've decided to do are the following:
1. For my second row I'm going to build a straight 10' bar behind my theater seats similar to what DC Bigmouth did.
2. Carpet is staying but plan on getting a large throw rug in front of the first row to darken things up.
3. On the right side of the screen as you're looking at it I was thinking automated curtains to close off where the arcade and pinball are.
After that I'm just stuck. Things I need help with:
2. What can I do about my side surrounds. Since I don't have any walls on the right or left except the little soffit like areas by the ceiling. Should I go with in ceiling? If so any recommendations?
3. What do you think I should do about that soffit like area that starts about at the front row? Should I do some kind of trim or lip just around that area?
The color choice is a personal issue. Only my screen wall is a dark color, the rest of my walls are a sandy brown. Dark walls are not necessary imo. I would not use ceiling mounted speakers. I would use some adjustable angle speaker brackets mounted to the soffit and small to moderate sized speakers angled down at the chairs.
Well that's a possibility but they would have to be pretty small to fit in tha space. My front R and L are Energy RC10 while my center is an Energy RC-LCR. Any suggestions what might work in that small space for surrounds?