Room Suggestions - Equipment Suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, let me start by saying thank you so much in advance for your help. I was never big into AV but with a new house have been researching intensely. This forum is great.

Below is my room with my concept design annotations:

http://northeastcleaners.net/room.jpg

Budget : 2000-3000

Buying: 5.1 speakers, sub, receiver for already purchased 60 inch plasma

After careful research, I am leaning toward Klipsch RF-52 II or RF-62 II or RF-82 recommended systems on their website Home Theater Speakers - Home Theater Speakers | Klipsch

What I am looking for: Amazing sound, not obnoxious, for movies (30%), tv (60%), and music (10%). I want a aesthetically pleasing design. I like the idea of two tower speakers in front but would also be OK for mounting speakers.

I want to be able to watch a movie and feel like I am in a theater. When we listen to music, I want to hear amazing sound at high volume. Dont want to always be overwhelmed either. When I am watching TV, I want to be able to relax and listen to amazing clear audio.

As for the size of the room, is there a suggested ratio of speaker size to room size? Is the RF-82 made for super large theater rooms? I feel like the surround back speakers on the RD-82 are huge and could look a little ridiculous mounted on back wall.

What would you recommend? Would love opinions, suggestions, and would love detailed setups.

thanks again
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page