Potential New House, Ideas for Home Theater/Office setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone, I've been waiting a long time to potentially finally start a Home Theater build. We have found a house that were interested in but I'm not a hundred percent sure on the basement layout and if I can achieve everything I am hoping for. So I'm looking for layout suggestions from anyone who may be decent in cad/Sketchup.

Below is a layout of the 1st floor/basement, the only thing not in the basement is the square representing the garage. This is a estimated drawing from the county as I haven't been in the house long enough to take exact measurements. Basicly I'd like to achieve 4 things.

• Theater Room (Most likely the room on the top of garage. Ideally would love a 2 row, 2 seat layout with possibly a small bar top in the back.)
  • Small Office (I'm a PC Gamer and have a 3 montior setup, but ideally would love to have enough room to fit my 3 Montiors, laptop, Ipad, speakers etc).
  • Full Bath room. (The house only has 1.5 baths, as my son is only 2 1/2 now, I'm trying to future proof our house for teenagers. So a small bathroom with small shower, toilet, and sink.)
  • A Small area for my arcade game/games. (I currently have one cabinet and would eventually like a pinball machine next to it. So my ideas was like a small theater lobby just outside the home theater.)

Notes about the layout. The very left section with the red stripes already contains washer/dryer hookups, furnance, water line to the house, gas line to the house. So I would most likely just wall this area off as storage. In the very top left you will see the sump pump. So I will need to box that in while still making it accessible somehow. The arrow next to the garage slab(the 23' x 20' rectangle on the bottom right) is where the stairs goes down.

Any thoughts on how or if I could do this?(Ideally where each hall/room could be located). Below are a few other pictures I took of the basement. My worry is the area that i think would work best for the Home theater(above the garage) isn't wide enough for 4 seats and a projector.).

Basement facing the right side above the garage.

Same area but facing toward the rest of the basement. Ideally this door would probably be moved.

Facing Top right corner of basement

Facing Top Left corner of basement(Where the sump pump is located.

Stairwell of basement, facing the bottom portion of basement.

Facing the left side of basement, area with washer/dryer.

Facing left side again, but further up where furnace is located.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms