The Lions Den build - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone, I visit here frequently and have finally started my build. The good news or bad news depending on how you look at it is everything need to be done by Thanksgiving!!!!!

Outer walls are framed, electrical outlets are in place and most of wiring is ran. Nothing is hooked up yet and nothing is final. I just started building the bar and am about half way done with that.

My goal is an open media/game room entertainment area it will be used for entertaining, some movie use and most definitely for watching football/sports in general.

I really want to do a projector but am unsure if I have the space. Here is a look at my plan.

My bar area takes up about 10' of the available 27' I have. I want the projector image to show on the 15' wall directly south of the bar area. Im estimating about 15' square area for the projector/furniture/viewing and my ceiling height is only just over 7' tall to bottom of joists.

Do I have enough room for a projector? It would be mounted pretty much directly across from the media closet (in theory)

Also as you can see I am planning a media closet in which to put Directv reciever, A/V Receiver, xbox, blu-ray, etc in. However if I do not have the room for projector then that foils my plans and will just move everything to the south wall.

Also while the walls are open what else should I be running in them as far as wire goes? I want to have everything ready to go and sort of future proofed before I button up the walls. I hopefully will get some photos up soon, since I know everyone loves those.

Sorry for all the ??'s but they are what I deal with in my head daily! LOL

Thanks!!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page