Remodel almost done.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, so I moved in a few months ago and I am finally getting close to being done. I need to finish my screen wall with another layer of paint and then I need to decide what paint colors for the kitchen.

Basically I removed all the flooring and put the hardwood flooring you see now. I painted all the walls, put in new white trim all around and had the bedrooms and stairs redone with new carpet and pad.

The floor in the kitchen is travertine tile, the countertops are marble. My next step is to reface the cabinets from their current oak color to a espresso/mahogany type color, so it blends well with the living room. Basically same color as the ones in the nook.

I pre-wired the house for 5.1 surround sound. Though, my current speakers have 15" woofers in them and I have since disconnected my sub, set my speakers to LARGE and I honestly cant tell a difference without the dedicated sub.

I built a recessed area behind the TV wall with a few lower cabinets... My question, do I put uppers in, and a wine glass rack on the bottom of the middle shorter upper cabinet and make it a bar area (my initial idea), or do I keep it as is and mount a TV in that area? My receiver has dual out for Tv's...

The woman wants me to mount a TV there as she likes to watch tv as she cooks.

Also, should I just continue with the grey wall color in the kitchen, or should I switch to something different? I was thinking a dark navy blue in flat paint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are a few more pictures of the space..

I still have to put the trim up, put some decorative artwork etc. But most of the work is done.

It was white, I didn't like the color so its now a dark grey.

Current

Before Paint
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page