New Home dedicated Media Room resign opinions please :) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am designing our new dream home and have room in the basement for a dedicated room with dimensions 19'6" x 17'8". Behind the 19' wall I have room for an electronics room which will house my home server and allow me access to the back of the components so that I can easly do all the wiring etc. I like front access in the main media room so that I can easily insert blu-rays, PS3 games etc.

I am looking to put in a "C' type sectional (like a L-Sectional but with seats both sides) as opposed to 2 rows of seats as this will be more relaxed. I am debating between option 1 and 2 attached where I have the 2' built in along either the 19' wall or 17' wall. I plan to have my 60 plasma there for daily TV viewing and also a drop down screen for movies (thinking 110" screen?).

Option 1 has the screen/plasma/built-in on the 19' wall, where the componants would be at the bottom of the built-in which will have an open back to the electronics room for wiring.

Option 2 has the screen/plasma/built-in on the 17' wall, the componants would then have to be on a rack on the side 19' wall to allow access to the wires at the back in the electronics room.

I plan on putting the sectional about 11' or 12' from the builtin (which is 2' deep). I plan on having the screen drop down just at the front of the built-in, so 2' from the back wall. With the sectional 11'-12' from the built in, this would take up about 14' leaving 3'8" or 5'6" behind depending on the option. I think both should be enough room from the back of the sectional and rear speakers (having 7.1).

Any comments appreciated, as torn between the two options. I like having the components under the TV/Screen (allows me options in case I change things around e.g. add kinect etc to xbox) but also like having the extra depth of option 2. In the media room I will have 7.1 surround, also have PS3, Xbox, AppleTV)

Thanks!

Media Room Option 2.jpg 424k .jpg file
Media Room Option 1.jpg 434k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Media Room Option 1.jpg (433.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Media Room Option 2.jpg (423.9 KB, 17 views)
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page