Setting up my living room in new condo, need some suggestions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 25
My living room in my condo has brick walls and hard wood floors. On the 3rd floor of a 3 story building. I am not sure if I should mount my TV on the wall (would have to have an installer come out and do that) or get another TV stand. My wife doesn't like the black glass stand I have now, as it is too low to the ground, and collects a lot of dust. I've attached 2 pictures of what my setup is now. My concerns with my current setup is the Fronts and Center are pretty close to each other. If I were to get a higher table, with maybe an arm on the back to elevate the TV, I may be ok. Most of the TV cabinets I see online have no room for a center speaker. So it's tough finding a cabinent where I can set my center speaker in the front.

Suggestions welcomed.

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Denon AVR-2113CI || Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts) || Polk Monitor 50's (Rears) || Polk CS2 (Center) || Acoustech PL-200

Xbox Live : BoDEAN96 -- Feel free to add me (msg me you are from AVSForums) and we can game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post

My living room in my condo has brick walls and hard wood floors. On the 3rd floor of a 3 story building. I am not sure if I should mount my TV on the wall (would have to have an installer come out and do that) or get another TV stand. My wife doesn't like the black glass stand I have now, as it is too low to the ground, and collects a lot of dust. I've attached 2 pictures of what my setup is now. My concerns with my current setup is the Fronts and Center are pretty close to each other. If I were to get a higher table, with maybe an arm on the back to elevate the TV, I may be ok. Most of the TV cabinets I see online have no room for a center speaker. So it's tough finding a cabinent where I can set my center speaker in the front.
Suggestions welcomed.

Confused, why would you have to have an installer come out to mount your TV/flat panel on the wall. As long as you can get your hands on a hammer drill or SDS drill to drill into the brick, that is a simple DIY job for you and a friend. The only thing you would even need the friend for is to help hold things. Flat panel wall mounts are inexpensive. If you don't have a drill or want to buy one, Home Depot even rents them out.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

Confused, why would you have to have an installer come out to mount your TV/flat panel on the wall. As long as you can get your hands on a hammer drill or SDS drill to drill into the brick, that is a simple DIY job for you and a friend. The only thing you would even need the friend for is to help hold things. Flat panel wall mounts are inexpensive. If you don't have a drill or want to buy one, Home Depot even rents them out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Would a wall mount be recommended in my situation? Or a higher tv stand, with a rail on the back to raise and mount the tv?

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Denon AVR-2113CI || Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts) || Polk Monitor 50's (Rears) || Polk CS2 (Center) || Acoustech PL-200

Xbox Live : BoDEAN96 -- Feel free to add me (msg me you are from AVSForums) and we can game.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. Would a wall mount be recommended in my situation? Or a higher tv stand, with a rail on the back to raise and mount the tv?

Either would work and depends on what you can get past your significant other. Personally I think a wall mount would give a much cleaner look and would be much cheaper.. Probably depends on if you own or rent that condo and are allowed to drill into that brick wall.