Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Floorplan_2012 Model (1).pdf 14k .pdf file

Hey Guys,

We are doing a massive home remodeling job right now. It involves removing a fireplace with a footprint of 30"x60" all the way through the roof. It's sitting in the back of my truck along with a dump trailer as I type! (About three tons of brick, removed one by one.)

Well, now we have a room to move our living room into. (I removed some walls to open up our kitchen into a dining room that used to be our old living room.) I attached a sketch of the new room. The living room contains the step. The stair case is off of the kitchen.

Right now, I have a home theater/game room in the basement. It's great, but I would like to keep the sports watching up stairs from now on. So, I'd like to move the projector and sound system to the new living room. This is also spurred on my the lack of good sound in my new LCD. I can't stand watching anything good on that tv, and find myself in the basement for things like plain tv viewing. So, I am going to wire my theater sound system into my tv as well, which will be good. The projector hours are reserved for movie nights and football. I have a Klipsch Synnergy speaker set from a while back. I'm still happy with them, and would like to continue to use them. The receiver is a Onkyo 603, if memory serves. The speakers are 5.1 with a klipsch ksw-12 sub. The mains are big bookshelfs. The surrounds are triangular (dipole?) wall mounts. http://www.klipsch.com/synergy-system-6-home-theater-system

The projector is a Optoma HD65.

Ceiling height is about 9.3 feet. The room is going to be carpeted. The rest of the house is hardwood floor, and the kitchen floor is about 15" above the floor of the living room area. (Both room share a ceiling level, so 8' ceilings in the rest of the house.)

I can't decide on a layout in the new room. I don't know where I'm going to put the screen at? Need help! I'd like to fit in a large sectional and at least one recliner in there. How would you guys do it? I'm at the place now where I can run wire into bare walls. So, I need to make up my mind for a furniture arrangement/screen wall before I drywall.

I know I have a lot of window in the new living room, but most of my sport watching on the pj is done at night anyways. The windows, large one is about five feet high, the smaller one on the opposite wall is only about three feet high, will both be treated with blackout cloth curtains/blinds.

Thanks for the help.

Jeremiah
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Floorplan_2012 Model (1).pdf (13.7 KB, 15 views)
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page